Indian real estate firm plans new five-star chainMay 7th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, May 7 (IANS) Leading Indian real estate firm Sobha group is planning a new chain of five star hotels across India, Middle East and Africa under the brand name Sobha Hotels. The Bangalore-headquartered company is planning at least 10 five-star properties in the next five years, with two hotels earmarked for Dubai, six for India, and one each in Oman and Zanzibar, it said in a statement here.
“We have been outfitting palace interiors for a long time and know all about creating high-end interiors. It is now our aim to transfer our expertise to the hospitality sector, to create a chain of five-star properties under the brand Sobha Hotels,” group vice-chairman Ajay Rajendran said in the statement.
The group plans to own, develop and operate all the Sobha Hotels.
The first Sobha Hotels property is expected to open in 2010. In all, it plans to develop a portfolio of 2,500 rooms, according to the statement.
Founded in 1995, the company launched its initial public offering in 2006.
According to the company website, the group is now worth over Rs.12 billion.
- Indian realtor buys Dubai plot for new 5-star property - Sep 04, 2008
- Royal Orchid opens Re:gen:ta One in Hyderabad - Aug 22, 2012
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi's successor - Apr 12, 2011
- Accord in talks for acquiring a Swiss hotel - Jun 28, 2012
- Accord Group to acquire hotels within, outside India - May 29, 2012
- Best Western to set up 66 hotels in India - Jan 06, 2012
- Kerala five-star hotel has no water line for eight years - Jul 19, 2011
- Louvre Hotels to open 50 new hotels in India by 2015 - Mar 06, 2012
- Hero Groups forays into hospitality sector - Sep 05, 2011
- eRevMax eyeing four, three-star hotel markets in India - Oct 28, 2011
- UAE company to manage luxury hotel in Rome - Dec 06, 2011
- Taj GVK net profit dips by 32 percent - Apr 30, 2012
- Hafeez Contractor debuts in Nepal - Jun 21, 2011
- Phoenix kicks off Rs.2,000 crore infrastructure projects - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: africa, aim, ajay, brand name, dubai, five star hotels, group vice, hospitality sector, India, indian real estate, initial public offering, long time, middle east, next five years, oman, palace interiors, rajendran, real estate firm, star properties, vice chairman