Indian, Pakistani labourers enjoying Bollywood nites in the UAEDecember 31st, 2007 - 5:37 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, Dec.31 (ANI): Indian and Pakistani labourers working in the United Arab Emirates are using their weekends to watch some of their favourite Bollywood movies.
A majority of these labourers enjoy these Indian film blockbusters on the wide screen for free.
For the past five weeks, the Millionaire Movie Nights have been organised by Postcard Millionaire as part of its community entertainment initiative. It includes screenings of well-known Bollywood movies at various labour accommodation sites, reports The Gulf News.
Chote Mian Bade Mian, Munnabhai MBBS, Khalnayak, Lagaan and Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander were the Bollywood hits screened at some of the labour accommodation sites.
Indians and Pakistanis are unanimous in their appreciation about watching these movies out in the open.
It helps to build a good atmosphere and brings us together,” the paper quoted Parveez Khan, a Pakistani labourer, as saying.
“It was a pleasure to witness the smiles and laughter as every site was transformed into a movie theatre with viewers sharing their best moments and connecting more deeply,” added Christian Franzelin, CEO, Millionaire Co. (ANI)
- Kashmera Shah in item number for NRI's film - Mar 21, 2011
- Yaadon Ki Baaraat Likely To Be Remade With Big B, Aamir, Imran And Ranbir - Sep 16, 2010
- Happy to be making good item numbers: Composer Lalit - Jan 13, 2012
- From stadiums to screen, a leap for Bollywood - May 17, 2010
- '3 Idiots' one of the best from Bollywood: Malaysian film critic - Dec 31, 2009
- Sreeram has velvet voice: Shaan (Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Is 'Blue Mountain' a throwback to Lata-Vani Jayaram saga? - Jan 11, 2012
- Munnabhai To Return Next Year - Jul 29, 2010
- Pooja Bedi plays Egyptian princess in Telugu movie - Jan 30, 2011
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
- Daily soaps have become a habit: Deven Bhojani - Jun 24, 2012
- Pooja Bedi asked to stay away from 'Bigg Boss' finale - Jan 03, 2012
- I have become a family man: Sanjay Dutt (Interview) - Oct 12, 2010
- From Gandhigiri To Chhatrapati Shivaji For Sanjay Dutt - Jun 30, 2010
- South more disciplined, Bollywood has also moved forward: Sonu Sood - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: blockbusters, bollywood movies, chote, community entertainment, entertainment initiative, gulf news, indian film, jeeta, jo jeeta wohi sikander, khalnayak, labourer, lagaan, mian, movie theatre, munnabhai mbbs, pakistanis, postcard millionaire, smiles and laughter, united arab emirates, wohi