Indian owned Pakistani Paindabad is a ‘model’ website (Lead-Pakistan blog)November 14th, 2007 - 2:12 am ICT by admin
Soofi has developed this website with the help of Indian graduate student Gaurav Sood, and built up a cadre of Pakistani contributors.
On this website, one can find essays and articles that are impressive in their range and originality.
There are regular ‘Top Five’ columns, listing pride points for Pakistanis; and a number of interviews with eminent writers and journalists Bapsi Sidhwa, Ardeshir Cowasjee, and Irfan Husain, artists - Amin Gulgee is a recent interviewee - and ordinary citizens with a lot to say about today’s Pakistan, the Daily Times reported.
Soofi says that his fellows Indians “are sort of always puzzled why a Delhi-based person is writing such things on Pakistan. Some imagine me to be a Pakistani living in India while some send me e-mails calling me an ISI agent.”
The reactions from Pakistanis are generally more positive, but some controversial stories, like “Dating in Pakistan” received complaints from Pakistanis who felt that Soofi was “trying to portray young Pakistanis in a bad light”.
Summing up, Soofi says, “Please do not imagine that we are trying to do some service to Pakistan. The country doesn’t need any charity. It is just an effort on my part to present those truths about Pakistan which the news-hungry media somehow forgets to cover.” (Excerpts have been taken from the article written by Bina Shah (www.binashah.net) with her due permission). (ANI)
- Indian owned Pakistani Paindabad is a 'model' website - Nov 14, 2007
- Frontier writers: Mirroring angst from Af-Pak, Kashmir - Jan 19, 2011
- Pakistani GenNext in US doesn't want to return: Jabeen Akhtar - Sep 23, 2011
- Pak Govt to shut down country's first private detective agency - Apr 16, 2011
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
- Pakistan military hid Osama in Abbottabad: Ex-army chief - Dec 24, 2011
- Please arrange our visas, Pakistani scribes tell tournament director (World Cup Diary) - Mar 25, 2011
- Low skill, high pressure at India-Pakistan cricket: Pakistani daily - Mar 31, 2011
- UAE capital to host book fair in March - Nov 24, 2009
- Pakistan should be seen as more than an anti-terror ally: Pak envoy to US - Sep 01, 2008
- Pakistan traders surprised over Osama killing - May 02, 2011
- Pakistan's blasphemy laws misused: Daily - Feb 01, 2012
- Diaspora also celebrates India's World Cup win - Apr 03, 2011
- Written by Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, but made in India - Jul 27, 2009
- The making of new Pakistani cinema - with help from India - Aug 09, 2012