Indian origin worker dies after being dragged into machineMay 13th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 13 (IANS) An Indian origin worker was killed in a British factory after he was dragged into a machine that he was operating alone.
Mitesh Prashar, 24, who was working at Duco International in Slough, suffered severe injuries after his left arm and shoulder were crushed between two rollers of the heavy-duty machinery.
Witnesses have said that Prashar may have become caught in the machine while checking giant sheets of rubber for imperfections.
He was pronounced dead on the factory floor.
An inquest jury was told Wednesday that Prashar had expressed concern about using the machine without supervision.
Prashar’s family was present at the hearing in Windsor, Berkshire.
The victim had been working at Duco International Ltd based in Slough since January 2007 and the incident took place Jan 15, 2008, Daily Mail reported Thursday.
At about 2 a.m. on that fateful night, colleagues heard a strange noise before realising that something was wrong.
“I heard what sounded like a loud sigh more than a scream. It wasn’t a cry for help. It was between a cry and a sigh and there were not any words. It wasn’t somebody in pain,” team leader Richard Nugus was quoted as saying.
“I was surprised that Mitesh was put on the night shift unsupervised without another inspections operative. It seemed to be quite a short period before he was allowed to run it (the machine) single-handedly.”
Prashar’s colleagues ran to help him and saw that his arm and shoulder had become trapped between metal rollers on the machine.
Paramedics declared him dead.
- Labourer killed in factory accident - Dec 22, 2011
- Queen's guide exposed as a paedophile - Feb 05, 2011
- Sikh caught drinking over Skype, kills cousin in Britain - Apr 20, 2012
- Honeymooning bride loses hubby in shark attack - Aug 18, 2011
- Rajat Gupta's trial: Prosecutors play FBI wiretaps - May 25, 2012
- Brit-Indian woman killed for daring to file divorce petition - Oct 19, 2010
- Woman rides wheelchair over two miles to kill herself - Feb 26, 2012
- Sarah Harding books palatial wedding venue - Apr 19, 2011
- Big B loves Delhi winter (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2011
- Brit brewery unveils 'Windsor Knot' beer in honour of Royal wedding - Mar 30, 2011
- Toddler with 'clown-nose' undergoes surgery - Aug 23, 2011
- Parrot scares off burglars - Mar 01, 2012
- Ten-Day-Old Dies After Mother Leaves The Washing Machine Going Through An Entire Spin Cycle With Baby Inside - Nov 08, 2010
- Diaz cried after hair cut - May 03, 2012
- Listening to Take That and Abba is the best way to improve your mood - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: daily mail, duco international, duty machinery, fateful night, heavy duty, imperfections, indian origin, inquest jury, international ltd, left arm, metal rollers, night shift, paramedics, realising, short period, slough, strange noise, team leader, unsupervised, windsor berkshire