Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husbandOctober 13th, 2010 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Oct 13 (IANS) An Indian-origin woman has been cleared of murdering her husband whom she set ablaze in Australia’s Adelaide city after he scorned her plan to set his penis on fire to save their marriage, a media report said Wednesday.
Fortysix-year-old Rajini Narayan was, however, found guilty of manslaughter at the end of the trial at South Australian Supreme Court for murdering 47-year-old Satish Narayan in December 2008, Australian news agency AAP reported.
Tim Preston, prosecutor, argued that Narayan was a jealous, possessive wife who wanted to hurt her husband as she felt that he was having an affair.
She told a neighbour that she had wanted to disfigure her husband’s penis so that no other woman would want to look at it.
Rajini threw petrol on her husband and set him alight after he insulted her when she revealed her plan to save their marriage by dipping his penis in petrol and lighting it. She wanted to “purify” it, she said.
She then poured petrol on his back when he turned away from her saying, “No you won’t, you fat, dumb bitch”.
Satish died with burns to 75 percent of his body.
The jury Wednesday acquitted Rajini of murder after over a day of deliberations.
But they found her guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter.
- Indian-origin wife found guilty of manslaughter after burning hubby's penis - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian-origin wife 'wanted to purify cheating hubby's penis by burning it' - Oct 11, 2010
- Indian-origin woman sets fire to husband to 'purify penis' - Oct 07, 2010
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Woman denies setting fire to husband's genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband's penis on fire to be tried for murder - Mar 13, 2010
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009
- Indian-origin man burned to death in London - Feb 26, 2012
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Kuwaiti woman sentenced to death for wedding fire that killed 57 - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: aap, adelaide city, australia, australian news, burns, deliberations, dumb bitch, having an affair, indian origin, manslaughter, marriage, neighbour, news agency, penis, prosecutor, rajini, south australian supreme court, sydney, tim preston