Indian-origin wife ‘wanted to purify cheating hubby’s penis by burning it’October 11th, 2010 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 11 (ANI): A woman from Adelaide has said that she was just trying to save her troubled marriage by burning her cheating husband’s penis-when she snapped and burnt him so much that he died.
Rajini Narayan has been on trial on the South Australian Supreme Court charged with murdering her husband Satish Narayan in December 2008.
She has pleaded not guilty to murder, maintaining she only wanted to purify his penis with fire, to leave a mark there so he would stay with her.
However, Satish died in hospital several weeks later with burns to 75 per cent of his body.
Crown prosecutor Tim Preston said that Rajini was a jealous, possessive wife who intended to hurt her cheating husband when she poured petrol on his back and set him alight.
“The accused burnt the deceased in the master bedroom of the town house,’ the Herald Sun quoted Preston as saying.
When Rajini “thought a candle might not be sufficient (she) got the accelerant’.
“You can infer the intent simply from the act itself,” he said.
Rajini has testified that even though she suspected her husband of having an affair she still wanted him, which was why she planned to purify his penis by dipping it in petrol and setting it alight.
Her lawyer, Lindy Powell QC, moreover, said that Rajini was provoked by years of abuse.
“She just wanted to do something to save her marriage,’ Powell said. (ANI)
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Indian-origin wife found guilty of manslaughter after burning hubby's penis - Oct 13, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband's penis on fire to be tried for murder - Mar 13, 2010
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Indian-origin woman sets fire to husband to 'purify penis' - Oct 07, 2010
- Woman denies setting fire to husband's genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Wife sets cheating hubby on fire - Sep 22, 2011
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Indian woman charged with murdering hubby by burning his genitals Down Under - Jan 03, 2009
Tags: accelerant, adelaide, burns, cheating husband, crown prosecutor, deceased, having an affair, herald sun, hubby, indian origin, lindy, master bedroom, narayan, oct 11, penis, qc, south australian supreme court, tim preston, town house, troubled marriage