Indian-origin teacher jailed for sex with pupilsNovember 23rd, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 23 (IANS) A 37-year-old Indian-origin woman was sentenced to 16 months imprisonment for having sex with two teenaged students in Britain.
Hina Patel, who worked as a classroom assistant and swimming teacher at Birkdale High School in Merseyside, admitted two counts of sexual activity with a child at North Sefton Magistrates’ Court last month. She was sent to Liverpool Crown Court for sentencing.
According to the Sun, Patel invited the youngsters to her home, where she had sex with one boy then the other just a few hours later.
During her sentencing Tuesday, Martin Decker, prosecuting, said the single mother of two was employed to provide support and supervision for pupils who had been disruptive in class.
Decker told the court how she came to meet the two boys in February this year and during a one-to-one supervision she exchanged mobile phone numbers with them.
Describing an exchange of text messages between Patel and one of the boys, Decker said: “Initially she was being friendly and saying he was a ‘good lad’ but after about four days the content became sexual.”
“The boy described the texts as being normal at first and then ‘weird’. After about a week she invited the boys to her house,” Decker told the court.
Patel collected one boy in a hired car as the other made his own way to her home where they watched DVDs, the court was told.
“In his police interview the boy said she started touching him and kissing him and this led to sexual intercourse. The boy was asked how he felt about this and he replied that it felt ‘weird’,” Decker said.
The youngster left the house about an hour later leaving Patel alone with the other boy.
The pair arranged to meet on a second occasion but the boy changed his mind after Patel picked him up and got out of her car, Decker said.
He told a friend he had sex with Patel and the friend was later arrested after burgling the teacher’s home. That boy told Youth Justice officials about Patel’s relationship with her pupils and the police raided her house.
They seized her mobile phone which contained text messages from the boys which included “the police know everything” and “don’t tell people”.
Gary Loveridge, head teacher of Birkdale High School, said Patel was never employed as a swimming teacher by the school and did that job separately to her work at Birkdale.
- Brit-Indian teacher, who had sex with 2 pupils, guilty of 'appalling abuse of trust' - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian-origin teacher admits she had sex with pupils - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian-origin teacher found guilty of sex with students - Nov 19, 2010
- Brit-Indian teacher charged after 'sex with two pupils' - Sep 23, 2010
- Indian-origin teacher jailed for sex with 15-yr-old students - Nov 23, 2010
- Brit student says Indian-origin teacher begged for threesome with his pal - Nov 25, 2010
- Indian-origin teacher 'lured 15-yr-old pupils into bed with sex texts' - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Loner' teacher in UK jailed for lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Dec 09, 2010
- Teacher shocks pupils with wild posts on Facebook - Feb 09, 2012
- UK teacher faces jail after lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Nov 12, 2010
- US teacher accused of having sex with teen student - Mar 23, 2011
- Brit classics teacher 'had sex with pupil after plying him with cider' - Apr 13, 2010
- Brit primary school assistant had sex 5 times with friend's 12-yr-old son - Jan 19, 2011
- UK teacher accused of underage sex with 15-yr-old admits abducting him - Nov 30, 2010
- Female teacher jailed for sex with boys - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: classroom assistant, crown court, good lad, hina, hired car, imprisonment, indian origin, justice officials, magistrates court, merseyside, mobile phone numbers, one of the boys, police interview, sefton, sexual activity, sexual intercourse, single mother, two boys, youngster, youth justice