Indian-origin man in Britain dies in house blaze

September 11th, 2012 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS  

London, Sep 11 (IANS) A 57-year-old Indian-origin man in Britain died when his wife left a hot hairdryer on his bed, starting a fire, a media report said Tuesday.

Beautician Bina Dawett Joshi left the appliance, which was turned off but still plugged in, smouldering under the fabric leading to a blaze, the Daily Mail reported.

Fire crews wearing breathing gear battled in vain to rescue Ram Joshi from the huge house fire in Wolverhampton, after neighbours raised the alarm Feb 11 this year.

Bina told an inquest that she had left her husband of three years sound asleep after he had returned home drunk around 7.30 p.m.

She had attended a charity evening at nearby Woodfield School and had gone for a curry afterwards, when a neighbour got in touch and broke the news by phone.

Coroner Robin Balmain recorded that her husband had died as a result of an accident.

Both she and her husband had children from previous relationships.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe