Indian origin man given key role in Yahoo! restructuringJune 29th, 2008 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 29 (IANS) An Indian-origin man has been given a key role in the restructuring at Yahoo!. The new structure consolidates responsibility around two senior executives, Ash Patel, who has been with the company since 1996, and Hilary Schneider, both working under president Sue Decker. Patel, as executive vice-president of the platforms and infrastructure division, has so far been responsible for an array of the company’s technology infrastructure.
He will now head the newly formed audience products division that will be responsible for global product strategy and product management for many crucial Internet services, including search and e-mail.
Patel is the only South Asian on the official management team page.
Since starting at Yahoo!, he has played a key role in designing and enhancing MyYahoo!, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Chat and many other products that continue to impact millions of users.
Before joining Yahoo!, Patel was a principal member of the technical staff at Oracle Corporation, and before that held many software engineer and development positions at technology companies in Silicon Valley and in London.
He holds a degree in Computer Science from the Kings College University of London.
- Yahoo taps former Google executive as CEO - Jul 17, 2012
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- BlackBerry launches new smartphone to regain market share (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Smart phone BlackBerry Curve 922 launched in India - Apr 18, 2012
- Yahoo, Facebook reach patent deal - Jul 07, 2012
- Yahoo Inc Lays Off 600 Employees - Dec 15, 2010
- Silicon Image opens R&D; centre in Hyderabad - Feb 18, 2012
- Yahoo hackers leak passwords - Jul 13, 2012
- Wipro, Oracle strengthen ties, to foster growth for customers - Sep 09, 2010
- Inadvertent error in CEO's resume: Yahoo - May 04, 2012
- Yahoo confirms 400,000 user accounts stolen by hackers - Jul 13, 2012
- Indian American manager pleads guilty to insider trading - May 22, 2012
- Indian IT firm Sanovi opens subsidiary in Dubai - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Kumar Mangalam will take charge of Kesoram when required' - Jul 05, 2011
- Areva T&D; restructuring to be over by early 2012 - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: ash patel, development positions, e mail, global product, hilary schneider, indian origin, infrastructure division, joining yahoo, kings college, myyahoo, oracle corporation, principal member, product management, product strategy, senior executives, silicon valley, software engineer, sue decker, technology infrastructure, university of london