Indian origin Kal Pen re-joins White House job after filming ‘Harold & Kumar’ sequelNovember 16th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 16 (ANI): Kalpen Modi, the Indian-American political aide who resigned from his post as US President Barack Obama’s associate director of public engagement this summer to act in a sequel to the popular “Harold & Kumar” movie, has reportedly made a return to his job in the White House.
ABC News quoted White House spokesman Shin Inouye, as saying: “The White House is pleased to have Kalpen Modi join the Office of Public Engagement as an Associate Director. While OPE works collectively on conducting outreach to the American public and various organizations, he will be the point person for those in the Arts, Youth, and Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities.”
Modi, also known as Kal Penn, rejoined the White House on Monday. He originally joined the Obama White House in July 2009 as a liaison to the Asian American and arts communities.
Modi hinted that he was returning to the political arena with appearances on behalf of the Democrats and President Obama at rallies across the country in the closing weeks of the 2010 election cycle, the report said.
During his previous stint in the Obama administration, Modi took part in a variety of educational and cultural programs and wrote several posts on the White House’s official blog.
Modi, who played a starring role in the film, “The Namesake” and was also a regular on the television medical drama, “House,” He spent months campaigning for Obama in 2008, focusing his efforts on turning out the youth vote. His character was written off “House” in order for him to take the job in Washington in 2009.
He quit his White House job to fulfil a prior commitment to film a third “Harold & Kumar” movie, “A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas”, which is scheduled for release in 2011. (ANI)
- Kal Penn returns to White House - Nov 17, 2010
- Kal Penn 'ditches White House gig for Harold & Kumar sequel' - Apr 03, 2010
- Kal Penn returning to TV - Aug 04, 2011
- Kal Penn makes a four letter call: "Vote" - Sep 05, 2012
- Obama campaign reaches out to Indian Americans - Feb 24, 2012
- Indian American actor Kal Penn to host Obama nomination meet - Sep 04, 2012
- White House celebrates Guru Nanak's birth anniversary (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Obama campaign reaches out to Indian Americans (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Kal Penn will now be Kalpen Modi at the White House - Jul 07, 2009
- Indian American actor Penn keen to start some `serious' work at the White House - Jul 08, 2009
- Kal Penn robbed at gunpoint - Apr 21, 2010
- Obama ropes in 3 Indian Americans for re-election campaign - Feb 24, 2012
- Indian origin physicians in US seek more opportunities - Jul 30, 2012
- "Harold & Kumar" Star Kal Penn Robed - Apr 21, 2010
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn Mugged - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: aapi, abc news, asian american, associate director, barack obama, election cycle, indian origin, kal penn, medical drama, namesake, pacific islander, point person, political arena, prior commitment, public engagement, rallies, sequel, shin inouye, stint, white house spokesman