Indian mission in Dubai to launch radio programmeApril 3rd, 2009 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 3 (IANS) Fresh after launching a monthly magazine to project India and the Indian diaspora in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Indian consulate here will launch a weekly radio programme Saturday to complement the publication.
Named India Matters, the same as the magazine that was launched March 29 by former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the new radio programme will be aired on FM 105.4 Radio Spice every Saturday between 6 and 7 p.m.
The one-hour show will be packed with news, views and interviews regarding consulate services, India-UAE relations and trade and tourism in India, according to a statement issued by the Indian mission here.
It will aim to provide information on the latest developments in India, as well as events and happenings relating to India and the Indian community in the UAE.
“Radio is a very powerful medium and we want to take full advantage of it,” India’s Consul General in Dubai Venu Rajamony said in a statement.
“This is an effort to reach out to a wider audience. The idea is to complement the magazine, which will come out every month, with a broadcast every week. This will help us to get the information out to our audience and bring us feedback much quicker,” he said.
Radio Spice caters to the varying musical tastes of the South Asian community in the UAE broadcasting mainly in Hindi and English. It offers popular music, news, including business and sports, contests and utilities.
There are around 1.5 million expatriate Indians in the UAE.
- Indian diplomat's book on India-UAE ties presented to Dubai ruler - Jan 26, 2010
- Kalam to launch "India Matters" in UAE tomorrow - Mar 28, 2009
- A comprehensive documentation of India-UAE ties (IANS Book Review) - Aug 22, 2010
- 'Watching Gajagamini was ritual for Husain's guests' - Jun 29, 2011
- Rajamony takes over as president's press secretary - Aug 02, 2012
- Venu Rajamony to be President Mukherjee's press secretary - Jul 28, 2012
- Good morning! Community radio going big in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce hosts Indian president - Nov 26, 2010
- Guwahati University gets community campus radio centre - Mar 21, 2011
- President Patil to visit UAE, Syria to boost trade ties - Nov 19, 2010
- Indian consulate in Dubai launches monthly magazine - Mar 30, 2009
- Patil accorded warm welcome in UAE, trade, energy security on her agenda - Nov 22, 2010
- Facebook page to connect community radio stations and ministry - Jul 12, 2012
- Trade, FDI will be cornerstone of India-UAE ties: Patil - Nov 25, 2010
- Venu Rajamony handpicked for Finance Ministry post - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: 5 million, abdul kalam, consul general, dubai, expatriate indians, former president, indian consulate, indian diaspora, latest developments in india, music news, musical tastes, new radio, popular music, radio programme, south asian community, spice, sports contests, tourism in india, uae radio, united arab emirates