Indian men charged with molestation not rape of Indian girl in DubaiFebruary 28th, 2011 - 1:41 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Feb 28 (ANI): The three men, a bus driver, a supervisor and his assistant, who had been accused of raping a four-year-old Indian girl in Dubai, have now been charged with sexually molesting her.
Dubai Attorney General Essam Eisa Al Humaidan said the investigation revealed that the three suspects did not rape the girl, but that they had molested her.
“The suspects have been charged with sexually molesting the girl and referred to the Dubai Court of First Instance,” Gulf News quoted Humaidan as saying.
“The suspects breached the modesty of the schoolgirl and molested her after they groped her private parts. There was no rape.
“Based on the investigations which were conducted by Chief Prosecutor Sami Al Shamsi, Head of Bur Dubai Prosecution, and prosecutor Ahmad Al Attar and Dubai Police’s forensic reports, the girl was not raped but she was molested,” he stated.
Al Attar said that the investigations were about to conclude and a decision to refer the case to court would be taken soon. He also denied that the case was dismissed and that the charges were dropped.
A source said that a hearing would be scheduled soon.
Al Humaidan said the suspects sexually assaulted the girl, who was asleep in the bus, while driving her back home from school,
Prosecutors requested the court to implement articles 44, 121 and 356 of the Federal Penal Law. Article 356 stipulates that a suspect who has consensual sex with another partner faces minimum one year in jail.
If the same crime is committed forcefully or against a male or female under the age of 14, a temporary imprisonment of 3-15 years will be handed out to the defendant. (ANI)
- Dubai's lewd massage parlours warned - Jan 26, 2011
- Forensic doc rules out rape in Dubai school bus incident - Mar 17, 2011
- Dubai ruler orders release of 334 prisoners - Nov 03, 2011
- Indian girl, 4, allegedly molested in Dubai school bus leaves for India - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian jailed for molesting minor girl in Dubai - Feb 22, 2011
- Imam in Dubai jailed for possessing nude photos - Feb 07, 2011
- Australian footballer to be prosecuted in Dubai - Sep 23, 2010
- Four sentenced to death in Bahrain for killing policemen during protests - Apr 29, 2011
- UAE father expresses concern over 'adulterous' teen daughter's fate - Apr 15, 2011
- Court pulls up cop for lax rape probe - Jun 20, 2012
- WikiLeaks founder to cooperate with police on molestation allegations - Aug 27, 2010
- Dubai's deputy ruler receives Iraqi consul general - Oct 19, 2011
- Teacher charged with molesting attempt in Dubai - Dec 15, 2010
- Woman in WikiLeaks rape 'smear' campaign claims to be Assange's victim - Aug 24, 2010
- Nun's 'rape': Apex court stays trial in Odisha - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: ahmad, al attar, al shamsi, article 356, bus driver, chief prosecutor, court of first instance, dubai court, dubai police, dubai prosecution, eisa, essam, gulf news, imprisonment, indian girl, indian men, law article, modesty, penal law, private parts