Indian killed in PhilippinesJune 10th, 2010 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, June 10 (IANS) An Indian trader was killed by unidentified robbers in a southern Philippine city, police said Thursday.
Satinder Singh was shot dead on a busy street in the Mindanao city of Panabo, where Muslim and leftist rebels and armed thugs roam freely, Xinhua reported.
Singh, a resident of Koronadal City in Mindanao and owner of a lending company that catered to small entrepreneurs, was collecting money from vendors in the city’s market when he was attacked by armed men, Superintendent Alexander Serrano, city police chief, told Xinhua.
Serrano said the suspects took the victim’s collection amounting to $565 and his motorcycle.
Police said they are looking into robbery as the motive behind the killing.
The attack in Panabo came less than a month after armed thieves shot and killed two Indian moneylenders in Trento town, Agusan del Sur province, about 130 km north of Panabo.
- Indian trader robbed, killed in S. Philippines - Jun 10, 2010
- Australian man shot dead in Philippines - Nov 12, 2011
- Two Indians gunned down in Philippines - Nov 16, 2011
- Three dead in rebel attack in southern Philippines - Jul 31, 2011
- Philippine politician shot dead - Nov 07, 2011
- Flashfloods displace 25,000 in the Philippines - Feb 20, 2012
- Bank robber shot dead in Karachi - Jan 11, 2012
- One dead, 34 wounded in Philippines blasts - Sep 02, 2012
- Australian abducted in Philippines - Dec 06, 2011
- Gunmen seize at least 65 people in Philippines - Dec 10, 2009
- China taxi driver killed in police raid - Jan 11, 2012
- Philippines typhoon toll rises to 327 - Dec 18, 2011
- Three men beaten to death in Maharashtra - May 09, 2012
- Ecuadorian interior minister's brother murdered - Sep 03, 2012
- 170 dead in typhoon in Philippines (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: armed men, busy street, city police chief, indian trader, leftist rebels, mindanao, moneylenders, motive, motorcycle police, panabo, philippines manila, police said thursday, robbery, s market, satinder singh, serrano, superintendent, thieves, unidentified robbers, xinhua