Indian jailed in Dubai for forcing woman into sex tradeJune 25th, 2012 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 25 (IANS) A 20-year-old Indian has been sentenced to three years in jail in Dubai for luring a 31-year-old Indian woman to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and forcing her into prostitution.
The man — who worked as a servant in Dubai — was convicted by the Dubai Court of First Instance, the Gulf News daily reported. The man pleaded not guilty.
The woman told the court the man forced her to have sex with seven men every day.
Prosecutors said the woman landed in Dubai last year to work as a housemaid for 800 dirhams (around Rs.12,400, $200) as salary. The man then forced her to have paid sex with strangers.
Another Indian suspect is at large, prosecutors said.
- Woman drug trafficker jailed in UAE - Jan 29, 2012
- Bangladeshis jailed in Dubai for human trafficking - Oct 31, 2011
- Two jailed in UAE for sex out of wedlock - Mar 12, 2012
- Man robs granddad planning to disinherit mother - Dec 15, 2010
- Indian Govt to set minimum wages for workers wanting to work in UAE - Feb 18, 2011
- 100 lashes for lovers who had sex - Nov 16, 2010
- US man, Brit woman fined by Dubai court for sexual insults on Facebook - Feb 14, 2011
- Pizza delivery man in Australia had sex with 14-year-old girl for 9 months - Feb 17, 2011
- Wanted sex trafficker extradited to Russia - Mar 31, 2012
- US man admits to raping, keeping woman in closet - Jan 29, 2011
- Transsexual waiter in Dubai faces jail for inciting men to have sex with him - Apr 25, 2011
- Man calls police after woman demands more sex - Apr 14, 2012
- Dubai's lewd massage parlours warned - Jan 26, 2011
- Indian men charged with molestation not rape of Indian girl in Dubai - Feb 28, 2011
- Dubai woman sues ex-husband for 'inhumane sex' - May 06, 2011
Tags: court of first instance, dirhams, dubai court, gulf news, housemaid, indian woman, prosecutors, prostitution, salary, servant, seven men, sex trade, sex with strangers, uae, united arab emirates