Indian husband of woman with chopped hand to appear in courtDecember 13th, 2009 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 12 (IANS) The estranged Indian husband of a woman found dying with a severed hand in a London street is to appear in court Monday after being charged with her murder.
Harpreet Aulakh, 31, was charged with murder of mother-of-two Geeta Aulakh, 28, after being re-arrested Friday.
Geeta, a receptionist at Sunrise Radio, an Asian radio station, was found with severe head injuries and her hand chopped off in Greenford, west London, Nov 16.
Sher Singh, a teenager, was also charged with her murder last month. He has been remanded in custody and ordered to appear in court March 1, 2010.
A second man arrested Friday was released on bail.
The arrests follow speculation by some British newspapers that Geeta was an “honour killing” victim.
The Guardian reported last month that senior sources believe Geeta was held down by more than one assailant and struck repeatedly with either a sabre or a machete.
The paper said police detectives had been given a detailed account of the frenzied attack by a handful of key witnesses.
- Fourth man charged over murder of Indian origin woman in UK - Aug 15, 2010
- Husband of mutilated Indian-origin woman charged with murder - Dec 13, 2009
- Indian man appears in London court for wife's gruesome murder - Dec 15, 2009
- London teenager charged with murder of Geeta Aulakh - Nov 22, 2009
- Hubby, three others to face trial over Brit-Indian Geeta Aulakh's mutilation murder - Oct 18, 2010
- Fourth man charged with Indian-origin woman's murder - Aug 14, 2010
- Husband charged with killing Brit Indian mother of two - Dec 13, 2009
- Brit-Indian woman killed for daring to file divorce petition - Oct 19, 2010
- Brit Indian Sikh found guilty of wife's murder over her asking for divorce - Dec 03, 2010
- Teenager charged for mutilation murder of Brit Indian - Nov 22, 2009
- 6 more arrested in Geeta Aulakh murder case, husband gets bail - Nov 19, 2009
- Indian-origin woman found on London street with severed hand, honour killing suspected (Lead) - Nov 18, 2009
- Brit-Indian 'jealous' husband caught on CCTV buying machete for wife's murder - Dec 04, 2010
- Indian woman killed, found on London street with severed hand - Nov 18, 2009
- Husband of mutilated Punjabi woman vows to catch her killer - Nov 20, 2009
Tags: asian radio, assailant, aulakh, british newspapers, court london, handful, head injuries, honour, london street, machete, march 1, police detectives, radio station, receptionist, sabre, second man, sher singh, speculation, sunrise radio, west london