Indian held with huge amount of ketamine in MalaysiaMay 6th, 2009 - 5:04 pm ICT by ANI
Kuching, May 6 (ANI): The Malaysian Custom Department has detained an Indian who was trying to smuggling ketamine worth 382,655 ringgits through the Kuching International Airport.
The 32-year-old, who flew in from New Delhi, was held when he was behaving suspiciously. The man has been remanded for four days.
His two bags contained nine stainless-steel milk boilers rigged to smuggle ketamine into the state.
State Customs director Rusmani Abdul Sukur said the department was tightening surveillance at all entry points due to the number of ketamine seizures this year.
“This the second largest haul this year,” the New Strait Times quoted Sukur, as saying.
Two months back, another Indian national was held with seven Kilograms of ketamine worth 245,000 ringgits at the same airport.
Ketamine is available on the streets for 300 ringgits per five grams.
The drug supply in Sarawak has dwindled after several top players were arrested over the past two years.
Narcotics police seized 4 million ringgits worth of assets belonging to drug dealers in the state. (ANI)
- Malaysian police nab Indian man after finding drugs in TV set - Mar 19, 2009
- Indian caught with drugs in Malaysia - Jul 23, 2010
- Indian arrested for smuggling ketamine drug into Taiwan - Jun 10, 2010
- Two arrested in Jaipur, 100 kg of banned drug seized - Aug 10, 2012
- Three Indians held with drugs in Malaysia - Dec 10, 2009
- Drugs hidden with Indian prayer ash seized in Malaysia - Jan 05, 2010
- Indian detained in Malaysia, drugs seized - Jul 07, 2009
- Malaysia detains Indian man for drug trafficking - Mar 21, 2009
- Two Indians held in Malaysia with drugs - Aug 10, 2010
- Chennai cops bust drug-smuggling attempt at airport - May 14, 2010
- Bid to smuggle 17 kg crystal meth foiled in Dubai - Dec 21, 2011
- Six foreigners held in Malaysian drug bust - Nov 21, 2011
- Malaysian police seize ketamine believed to be from India - Oct 14, 2008
- Bid to smuggle narcotics tablets foiled in Dubai - Dec 15, 2011
- Indian national sentenced to death in Malaysia - Jan 04, 2011