Indian held with crude bombs in NepalJanuary 12th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, Jan 12 (IANS) An Indian man has been arrested from a town in eastern Nepal, near the border with India, after searches revealed he was carrying four crude bombs, police said Wednesday.Identified as Suraj KC from Naxalbari, in eastern India’s West Bengal district, he was arrested Tuesday night while trying to cross over into Nepal from India.
“He was driving one of those cars used as taxi cabs near the Indo-Nepal border,” Police Superintendent Rabindra Prasad Sharma told IANS. “He was found to be carrying four improvised explosive devices (IEDs).”
On Wednesday, a team from the Nepal Army arrived at Kakarbhitta, the main India-Nepal entry-exit point in eastern Nepal, where KC was arrested, and disposed of the seized IEDS.
Sharma said with the safe disposal of the crude bombs being the first priority, police would now start questioning KC.
Earlier this week, an 18-year-old Indian was also arrested in southern Nepal after he was found to be carrying an illegal gun.
The over 1800-km open border between India and Nepal is being used increasingly by smugglers of drugs, fake currency and arms and explosives.
- 3 Indians arrested with bomb ingredient in Nepal - Dec 27, 2010
- Indian doctor dies in Nepal highway crash - Sep 18, 2010
- Indian woman found murdered in Nepal hotel - Jun 06, 2011
- Three more SSB battalions to to be deployed on Nepal border - Aug 30, 2011
- Maoist held, bomb defused in Jharkhand - May 28, 2011
- Indian police arrest two alleged Pakistani spies - Dec 14, 2011
- 10 missing girl students found pushed into flesh trade - Aug 04, 2012
- China seeks fair trial of its citizens held in India - Jan 20, 2011
- Mamata sends trade envoys to Nepal - Jul 28, 2011
- Two Nepalis arrested with detonators, gelatin rods - Feb 25, 2011
- Bomb hoax on Howrah bridge - Sep 25, 2011
- Three Nepali women held with drugs - May 05, 2011
- Two Nepali women nabbed with cannabis - Dec 25, 2010
- Indian nabbed in Nepal with firearm - Jan 02, 2011
- Three Nepali women held with cannabis - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: arms and explosives, border police, crude bombs, eastern india, eastern nepal, exit point, fake currency, illegal gun, indian man, indo nepal, kathmandu, naxalbari, open border, police superintendent, prasad, rabindra, smugglers, southern nepal, taxi cabs, west bengal