Indian HC screens ‘Arth’ in PakistanNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:38 am ICT by admin
Welcoming the audience at the auditorium, Press and Information First Secretary Sanjay Mathur said the Commission would screen movies for a select audience keeping in view the interests of the people, the Daily Times reported.
The High Commission will screen four more movies in the coming days, including Water, Mirch Masala, Chandni Bar and Aandhi. Interestingly, the protagonists in all the five movies are women.
The Commission expressed the hope that the number of audience would steadily go up as it was for the first time that such an event was being organised.
The movie is centred on a married man involved in an extramarital relationship. It denotes a complex characterisation of three people, including a husband, a wife and a beloved. (ANI)
- Dharmendra, Shabana, Mira Nair to get Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2012
- I'm humbled, says Shabana after Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2012
- Balki is a supportive homemaker: Gauri Shinde - Sep 09, 2012
- Shabana handpicks dad's songs for compilation - Jan 14, 2012
- Woman power still far cry in Indian filmdom (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2012
- This is a very good time for actors: Shabana Azmi (Interview) - Jul 29, 2010
- Watch 'Delhi In A Day', a complete package (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 23, 2012
- Bhardwaj's creativity, hard work wows Imran Khan - Apr 09, 2012
- I'm glad I'm not offered bikini roles: Raima Sen (Interview) - Sep 15, 2010
- My and Mira's happiness doubled with Padma Bhushan: Shabana - Jan 27, 2012
- I was ashamed of cheating on my wife: Mahesh Bhatt - Jun 30, 2010
- Time to take Indian cinema to global audience: Shabana - Jun 07, 2012
- Vidya should avoid pitfall of doing central parts: Shabana - Mar 21, 2012
- 'It's A Wonderful Afterlife' my best work: Gurinder Chadha - Jan 11, 2010
- Interesting Facts and Figures: Smita Patil - Apr 20, 2009
Tags: arth, audience, chandni bar, extramarital relationship, frontier province, high commission, large group, married man, mathur, mirch masala, north west frontier, nwfp, peshawar, protagonists, sanjay