Indian envoy calls on Nawaz SharifMay 5th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 5 (IANS) Indian High Commissioner Sharad Sabharwal Tuesday called on former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who heads Pakistan’s principal opposition party, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).
They discussed bilateral issues and the regional situation, Geo TV reported.
The meeting took place at Sharif’s sprawling country villa at Raiwind on Lahore’s outskirts.
Sabharwal recently assumed office as India’s envoy here.
- Sharif urges Pakistan, India to restore trust (Lead) - May 06, 2009
- Nawaz hails Zardari's India trip - Apr 10, 2012
- Review Pakistan's ties with US: Nawaz Sharif - May 11, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif begins fresh term as party chief - Jul 28, 2011
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Gilani meets Nawaz Sharif in London - Apr 09, 2011
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Disclose Pakistan army budget to parliament: Sharif - May 14, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif advised two-week rest in London - Mar 22, 2011
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- India supporting separatists, insurgent groups in Balochistan: Musharraf - Dec 27, 2010
- Sindh Home Minister warns PML-N against anti-PPP move - Feb 21, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif re-elected PML-N president - Jul 27, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: bilateral issues, former prime minister, geo tv, India, indian envoy, indian high commissioner, islamabad, lahore, meeting took place, minister nawaz sharif, opposition party, outskirts, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, prime minister nawaz, prime minister nawaz sharif, raiwind, regional situation