Indian dancer Roja Kannan to perform in MalaysiaMay 14th, 2009 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, May 14 (IANS) Bharatanatyam exponent from India Roja Kannan will perform here this month-end along with dance students and teachers from Malaysia and Singapore.
Roja, from Chennai, will perform at the Festival of Bharatanatyam, The Star newspaper said.
The festival is organised by the Malaysian Association of Bharatanatyam and supported by the Culture and Arts Department under the Malaysian Information, Communications and Culture Ministry.
She will also conduct a lecture and classical dance demonstration.
- Indian classical dance now a global heritage (Feature with images) - Aug 08, 2010
- Malaysian artist to perform Odissi dance in US - Mar 15, 2011
- Foreign feet on India's traditional dance floor - May 01, 2011
- From classical roots to free flow in Indian dance (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Culture odyssey: The eclectic journey of Indian dance (Feature, With Images) - Jul 22, 2011
- An India-US link in Bharatanatyam's journey - Feb 22, 2012
- Malaysia's first male bharatanatyam duo raring to dance - Feb 13, 2011
- Kathak by Chinese, kathakali by German at global fest (With Images) - Jul 23, 2010
- An Argentine who dedicated five decades to Indian dance (With images) - Dec 28, 2011
- More airtime for Tamil programmes on Malaysian radio, TV - Sep 10, 2010
- Classical dance festival in Delhi from Monday - Oct 15, 2010
- Be in Bangalore for music, dance and a game of scrabble - Jan 14, 2011
- Bharatnatyam festival in Bangladesh - Apr 27, 2010
- Malaysians to graduate in Indian classical music - Jun 07, 2010
- A Little India in KL, amid underlying ethnic tension (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: chennai, classical dance, culture and arts, culture ministry, dance demonstration, dance students, exponent, India, indian dancer, information communications, kuala lumpur, malaysia and singapore