Indian crooner Hariharan to perform in DhakaMarch 29th, 2010 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, March 29 (IANS) Popular Indian singer Hariharan will perform for the first time in Bangladesh at a show to be held Thursday.
Hariharan’s latest ghazal album “Lahore Ke Rang, Hari Ke Sang”, with renowned composers from Pakistan, has won him rave reviews and critical acclaim.
He also coined the terminology “Urdu Blues” with his immensely successful album “Kaash” which featured musicians like the percussion maestro Anandan Sivamani, Ustad Rashid Mustafa (on tabla), Ustad Liyaqat Ali Khan (on sitar) and Ustad Sultan Khan (on sarangi).
At the Dhaka concert, Hariharan will render his popular film songs, ghazals and more at the concert, The Daily Star said Monday.
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- I had a great time recoding with Asha Bhosle: Shujaat Khan - Dec 01, 2010
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Sarangi maestro Sultan Khan passes away (Lead) - Nov 27, 2011
- Shubha Mudgal to perform for cause - Mar 24, 2012
- Sarangi exponent Ustad Sultan Khan dead - Nov 27, 2011
- Seven global musicians make melody without boundaries (With Images) - Jan 31, 2010
- Hariharan, Sivamani enchant with classical, jazz in Games Village - Oct 13, 2010
- Father-son percussion saga: bound by beats of two eras - Sep 01, 2011
- Bollywood has no taste for ghazals: Jagjit Singh - Mar 29, 2011
- Mohit Chauhan's soulful ode to friendship fills Games village - Oct 09, 2010
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mohan Khan set to pay tribute to Mehdi Hassan (With Images) - Jul 11, 2012
- Kashmiri artists and ghazal lovers mourn Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Jagjit Singh admitted to Lilavati Hospital - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: ali khan, anandan, bangladesh, critical acclaim, crooner, daily star, film songs, indian singer, lahore, maestro, musicians, mustafa, pakistan, percussion, rashid, renowned composers, sarangi, sitar, sivamani, ustad sultan khan