Indian couple kill son, commit suicide in MalaysiaMay 20th, 2010 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, May 20 (IANS) An Indian couple poisoned to death their two-year-old son before committing suicide in Malaysia, officials said Thursday.
The couple fed rat poison to their son before jumping to their deaths off the 29th floor of their luxury condominium in Brickfields, The Star newspaper reported.
The sprawled bodies of the husband and wife, aged 34 and 29, were discovered by a security guard on the ground floor of the building, while the child’s body was found in the master bedroom of the family’s 14th floor residence.
A bottle of Panadol, rat poison and a bloodied knife were found near the toddler’s body.
According to police, the boy’s father, who worked as a financial consultant with a private firm, had first tried to slit his wrist but decided to jump with his wife instead.
The family was reported to be in the country for less than two months.
City criminal investigation chief Ku Chin Wah said initial investigations placed the time of death between midnight and 4 a.m. Thursday.
Police are yet to ascertain the reason for their suicide, he added.
- Wife murdered by husband on wedding anniversary - Feb 27, 2011
- Bengal CPI-M legislator jumps to death (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- US national kills Russian wife, commits suicide in Moscow - May 26, 2011
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Man kills self in mall - Jun 26, 2011
- College student jumps to death in Delhi hospital (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Delhi college student jumps to death in hospital - Jan 05, 2012
- Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids - Mar 08, 2011
- China sentences three to death for killing tax official, family - Nov 11, 2011
- Allahabad High Court ex-judge commits suicide (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Bangladeshi man kills self after seeing wife's body - Mar 10, 2012
- Four of a family found killed in Jharkhand - Sep 23, 2011
- Chinese guy stabs wife 208 times before jumping to own death - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: 14th floor, chin wah, committing suicide, criminal investigation, deaths, financial consultant, floor residence, husband and wife, indian couple, initial investigations, ku, kuala lumpur, luxury condominium, master bedroom, private firm, rat poison, security guard, time of death