Indian contemporary artists to feature in Sotheby’s summer saleJune 24th, 2008 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
London, June 23 (IANS) Eight works by leading Indian contemporary artists, including Subodh Gupta and Bharti Kher, will feature in Sotheby’s summer sale here on July 1-2. The other Indian artists whose works will be put up are Anish Kapoor, Raqib Shaw and T.V. Santhosh. The works are together estimated in excess of 2 million pounds. The sale will also include a work by Pakistan’s leading contemporary artist, Rashid Rana.
Highlights of the group will be Subodh Gupta’s Untitled from 2005, which is estimated at 200,000-300,000 pounds. The Untitled canvas depicts a vessel stall glistening in the pink dawn of sunrise and is one of the artist’s most important and powerful photo-realist paintings to ever come to the market.
Bhart Kher’s sculpture, “Misdemeanours”, which is estimated at 40,000-60,000 pounds, Anish Kapoor’s Untitled sculpture from 2003, estimated at 1-1.5 million pounds, and Raqib Shaw’s “Chrysanthemum & Bee” (after Kotsushika Hokusai), estimated at 80,000-120,000 pounds are also part of the sale.
- Tyeb Mehta's 'falling figure' to lead Christie's fall sale (With Image) - Aug 15, 2012
- Anish Kapoor sculpture attracts $3.87 mn at Sotheby's sale - Jul 02, 2008
- Tyeb Mehta, Khoj, Pakistani art to lead Christie's Asian sale (With Image) - May 30, 2012
- Husain, Raza highlights of Sotheby's Asian art sale - May 18, 2011
- Indian art attracts over $1.7 mn in Sotheby's spring auctions (Lead) - May 16, 2008
- Indian art is flavour of Paris spring-summer - Jun 26, 2011
- Raza, Husain, Souza top grossers in online art auction - Sep 14, 2010
- Tata Nano gets pop art cover - Jan 20, 2011
- Tough call: Showcasing high-art stainless steel on its 100th anniversary (With images) - Mar 09, 2012
- Saffronart summer sale to focus on modern masters (With Images) - Jun 13, 2010
- Arpita Singh sets record as art mart booms again - Dec 11, 2010
- Rare Indian, Asian art at Christie's sale (With Images) - Mar 15, 2012
- Christie's unveils art works for Sep 15 sale (With Image) - Aug 13, 2010
- Tall Gupta sculpture goes on sale in UK - Feb 02, 2010
- Sotheby's to highlight contemporary Indian art in Spring Sales - Apr 27, 2008
Tags: 5 million, bharti, canvas, chrysanthemum, contemporary artist, contemporary artists, indian artists, july 1, june 23, pakistan, photo realist, pink dawn, rana, raqib shaw, rashid, realist paintings, sculpture, sotheby s, subodh gupta, sunrise