Indian consulate in Dubai launches monthly magazineMarch 30th, 2009 - 12:23 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, March 30 (IANS) India Matters, a monthly magazine of the Indian consulate in Dubai, was launched by former Indian president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam at a glittering function here Sunday night.
Speaking on the occasion, Kalam stressed on the importance of India for the world and the region and encouraged strategies for showcasing India’s development process in various parts of the world.
“I would like to suggest in your issues the publication of case studies in promoting business and science and social activities for mutual benefit to India and Gulf countries. During the next decade India will have challenges which will propel a number of business opportunities,” he said.
Addressing the gathering, India’s Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Talmiz Ahmad spoke about the growing bilateral ties and the evolution of a strong partnership in the field of commerce and trade.
This, he said, would lead to a strategic partnership diversifying into new areas such as security, defence and energy.
He added that the new publication was a timely effort, and would help spread awareness about the role being played by the Indian missions and the community in various fields in the UAE.
Introducing the publication, India’s Consul General in Dubai Venu Rajamony said: “India for centuries has been a close business and trading partner of the UAE. In view of the global slowdown and the financial crisis, India and the UAE should focus even more on each other and strengthen their longstanding economic and business ties.”
Stating that the endeavour of the magazine would be to promote and strengthen this economic partnership by providing reports and features that would assist the business community in the UAE, he added: “The publication is a part of the wider outreach programme of the Indian consulate in Dubai and is one amongst many initiatives we are planning to reach out to the constituency that we serve.”
The function was attended by Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of the emirate of Ras al-Khaimah Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Chairman of Dubai Culture Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Health Minister Humaid Mohamed Al Qutami, a number of Indian and Arab dignitaries, prominent businessmen and the media.
India Matters will be distributed free, and will bring to its readers the latest developments in India, as well as events and happenings relating to India and the Indian community in the UAE.
The soft copy of the magazine will also be hosted on www.cgidubai.com , the official website of the Indian consulate in Dubai.
There are around 1.5 million expatriate Indians in the UAE.
- UAE officials hold talks with envoys - Nov 01, 2011
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- Kalam, Vayalar Ravi visit UAE - Jan 25, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- UAE, India discuss bilateral ties - Sep 27, 2010
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- Indian sports complex's foundation laid in UAE - Jan 12, 2011
- Kalam to launch "India Matters" in UAE tomorrow - Mar 28, 2009
- YouTube channel launched for Dubai ruler - Feb 15, 2012
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- Dubai ruler's website soon on iPhone - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, ahmad, bilateral ties, business ties, constituency, consul general, consulate in dubai, economic partnership, endeavour, financial crisis, global slowdown, gulf countries, indian consulate in dubai, indian missions, indian president, mutual benefit, outreach programme, promoting business, strategic partnership, united arab emirates