Indian business tycoon Mukesh Ambani to be world’s richest man in 2014, Forbes predictsSeptember 13th, 2010 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 13 (ANI): Indian business tycoon and the head of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani, with a net worth of 62 billion dollars, would be the richest man on earth in 2014, according to a Forbes magazine forecast.
“One of the predictions is that Reliance Industries’ chief Ambani, who currently has a net worth of 29 billion dollars, pips the world’s richest man Mexican businessman Carlos Slim to top Forbes’ rich list in 2014,” The Star quoted the magazine as saying.
Ambani’s net worth would swell to 62 billion dollars, while Slim would be “hit hard by Mexican political, financial chaos,” according to Forbes prediction.
Currently, 53-year-old Ambani holds the fourth position while Slim ranks number one on Forbes’ list of the world’s billionaires.
Forbes has listed a number of events that could happen over the next 10 years in the field of politics, energy, medicine, finance, society and technology. The publication had asked its staff and contributors to forecast some of the “noteworthy events” till 2020.
Other forecasts of Forbes include the death of fraudster Bernard Madoff in his prison cell in 2011 and Wal-mart would employ five million people worldwide and its sales would pass one trillion dollar mark. (ANI)
- Mukesh Ambani will be world's richest man in 2014: Forbes - Sep 12, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world's richest Indian - Mar 10, 2011
- Mexican Carlos Slim tops world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
- Australian Billionaire Gina Rinehart is now the world's richest woman - May 24, 2012
- Mukesh Ambani again tops list of richest Indians - Sep 30, 2010
- Mexico's Carlos Slim is the richest man in the world - Mar 12, 2010
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani amongst Forbes top ten Billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- Australian woman may become richest in world - Jun 28, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Four of Indian-origin among America's 400 super-rich - Sep 23, 2010
- India's richest lost 20 percent of wealth: Forbes - Oct 27, 2011
- Mexico's Carlos Slim tops Forbes' richest list - Mar 08, 2012
- Fifty Indians on Forbes' global billionaire club - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: bernard madoff, billion dollars, billionaires forbes, business tycoon, carlos slim, dollar mark, energy medicine, finance society, financial chaos, forbes list, forbes magazine, forbes rich list, indian business, mukesh ambani, net worth, noteworthy events, prison cell, reliance industries, richest man on earth, wal mart