Indian American Guv Jindal still a favourite among GOP faithfulMarch 26th, 2009 - 12:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 26 (ANI): Conservatives in America have embraced Louisiana’s Indian origin Governor Bobby Jindal as their 2012 GOP hopeful, and he played to the gallery by warning at a Republican fund raising dinner that President Barack Obama is engaged in the greatest expansion of government.
While Obama commanded a national prime time TV audience, Jindal played to the tune of GOP faithful, seeking to rebound from his widely-panned rebuttal of Obama’s address to Congress last month. He took repeated pot shots at Obama at the National Republican Congressional Committee’s annual March Dinner, Politico reports.
“America is now seeing the greatest expansion of government in anyone’s lifetime. I don’t know about you, but this doesn’t sound like the Barack Obama from the campaign trail,” Jindal said.
Jindal also took on several other issues to please attending party die-hards. Jindal - revisiting an argument Republicans used in the 2008 elections - declared that Democrats were wrong to oppose domestic oil drilling.
He offered searing remarks on education, saying that “the left hasn’t had a new idea on education since the invention of the chalkboard.”
At times, Jindal sounded like he was leading a pep rally, arguing that the question of whether Republicans wanted Obama to fail was really an intimidation tactic on the part of the Democrats.
“We honestly believe their path has dire consequences for the future of America and nether should you,” Jindal said. “I make no apologies for any of these positions and neither should you.” (ANI)
- Don't hate Obama, defeat him: Bobby Jindal - Jun 18, 2011
- Bobby Jindal's support base grows - Sep 02, 2011
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Louisiana Governor Jindal again seeks political mileage from Gulf oil spill - May 27, 2010
- Nikki Haley skips White House dinner to meet friends - Feb 28, 2012
- Bobby Jindal 'not interested' in running for president in 2012 - Nov 18, 2010
- Jindal calls Obama 'most liberal, most incompetent' - Jun 09, 2012
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- Democrats lose House, cling to Senate, Nikki Haley wins (Roundup) - Nov 03, 2010
- Jindal, Hillary discount White House runs - Nov 22, 2010
- Bobby Jindal defends Romney on offshore investments - Jul 09, 2012
- Jindal will sign "birther bill" if passed by Louisiana legislature - Apr 20, 2011
- Bobby Jindal endorses Rick Perry for president - Sep 13, 2011
- Bobby Jindal hit by fifth recall petition by disillusioned voter in 2 yr office term - Dec 17, 2010
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,