India visit 100 percent successful: HasinaJanuary 13th, 2010 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, Jan 13 (IANS) Terming her visit to New Delhi “100 percent successful”, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wednesday said the treaties signed with India would not only help bilaterally, but would “benefit the people of entire South Asia”.
She told the media on her return from a four-day sojourn that her trip was aimed at “establishing peace in South Asia and strengthening relationships between neighbours”.
She received a rousing welcome from leaders and cadres of her Awami League, who thronged the Zia Intrnational Airpoert and the road to the city, Star Online web site of The Daily Star reported.
She announced that she would donate the Rs.2.5 million prize money of the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development that was conferred on her yesterday to the Bangabandhu Memorial Trust named after her father and Bangladesh’s first president, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The money would be spent for the education of poor children.
- Retired Indian Army officer to get Bangladesh award - Jun 25, 2012
- 40-year-old controversy over call for Bangladesh independence - Mar 27, 2011
- Hasina hopes World Cup will strengthen fraternity among nations - Feb 17, 2011
- Bangladesh to have more airports - Jul 15, 2010
- Hasina wants Islam as Bangladesh state religion (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Hasina seventh top world woman leader - Aug 11, 2011
- India only friend of Hasina government: Opposition leader - May 13, 2011
- Khaleda Zia's son, 29 others indicted in 2004 bombing - Mar 18, 2012
- Bangladesh keen on joint ventures with India: Hasina - Jan 12, 2012
- Mujibur's hostel room now a museum - Feb 24, 2011
- 'No tickets', so Khaleda Zia skips World Cup opening - Feb 18, 2011
- Submarine to join Bangladesh Navy by 2019 - Dec 31, 2010
- Hasina for Islam as Bangladesh's state religion - May 31, 2011
- Hasina visits Tripura Wednesday to commemorate history - Jan 10, 2012
- Khaleda Zia evicted from home - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: awami league, bangabandhu, cadres, city star, daily star, disarmament, first president, india visit, indira gandhi, memorial trust, minister sheikh hasina, mujibur rahman, neighbours, New Delhi, prize money, rousing welcome, rs 2, sojourn, South Asia, zia