India, US hold higher education dialogueJune 12th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, June 12 (IANS) India and US Tuesday began their annual higher education dialogue here focused on advanced research and innovation and the role of community colleges in workforce development.
Indian Minister for Human Resource Development Kapil Sibal and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are co-chairing the dialogue aimed at promoting and encouraging the vibrancy and depth of the cooperation between the education sectors of the two countries.
The dialogue will identify key areas of educational cooperation, shared goals, and best practices, and will help frame the two countries’ higher education priorities for the year ahead. Several outside experts have joined the government delegations to offer their perspectives.
The education dialogue is one of several dialogues being held on the margins of the third edition of the India-US strategic dialogue here Wednesday.
External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna arrived here Monday night to co-chair the strategic dialogue. The strategic dialogue was announced by the two in Delhi in July 2009.
Clinton hosted the first strategic dialogue in June 2010 in Washington. The second edition was held in July 2011 in Delhi.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shared values converging India-US interests: Clinton (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- India-US education summit a 'very big deal' - Oct 12, 2011
- Sibal rules out rollback of common IIT test - Jun 12, 2012
- US to help India build community college system - Jun 06, 2012
- India, US to hold strategic dialogue, Iran high on agenda - Jun 08, 2012
- India-US talks open with call to harness full potential of ties - Jun 13, 2012
- India, US to broaden knowledge partnership (Lead) - Oct 14, 2011
- India makes major pitch for tie-ups with US varsities - Oct 12, 2011
- India assures level playing field to foreign educational institutions - Oct 14, 2011
- India, US to hold trilateral dialogue with Afghanistan - Jun 14, 2012
- India, US education partnership to meet challenges ahead - Oct 13, 2011
- India partnership at heart of 21st century vision: US official - Oct 13, 2011
- Hillary Clinton to visit India next month - Apr 27, 2012
- India puts off US strategic dialogue due to state polls - Mar 11, 2011
- Rao, Burns discuss agenda for Krishna-Hillary talks - May 24, 2010
Tags: arun kumar, co chair, community colleges, dialogues, education priorities, education sectors, educational cooperation, external affairs minister, government delegations, higher education, hillary clinton, human resource development, indian minister, kapil sibal, key areas, krishna, margins, monday night, us secretary of state, workforce development