India to set up Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership: PMApril 13th, 2010 - 9:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.13 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, on Tuesday announced that India has decided to set up a “Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership”.
Addressing world leaders on the final day of the two-day Nuclear Security Summit here, Dr. Singh said: “We visualize this to be a state of the art facility based on international participation from the IAEA and other interested foreign partners,” he said.
“The centre will consist of four schools dealing with advanced nuclear energy system studies, nuclear security, radiation safety, and the application of radioisotopes and radiation technology in the areas of healthcare, agriculture and food,” he revealed.
“The centre will conduct research and development of design systems that are intrinsically safe, secure, proliferation resistant and sustainable. We would welcome participation in this venture by your countries, the IAEA and the world to make this Centre’s work a success,” he added. (ANI)
- Obama welcomes India's move to set up Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership - Apr 13, 2010
- Global Centre for n-energy coming up near Delhi: PM - Mar 27, 2012
- Haryana gets global nuclear energy centre - Dec 03, 2010
- Manmohan announces global nuclear security centre in India - Apr 13, 2010
- India warns of A.Q. Khan network, unveils global nuclear centre (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- India's nuclear centre to make systems safe, sustainable - Apr 13, 2010
- Obama welcomes India's initiative on nuclear safety - Apr 13, 2010
- Best guarantee for nuclear safety is world free of n-weapons: Manmohan - Mar 27, 2012
- World community must have zero tolerance on illegal trafficking of nuke items: PM - Apr 13, 2010
- Address n-security in coherent manner, says Seoul communique - Mar 27, 2012
- India's n-power programme to follow highest safety standards: PM - Mar 27, 2012
- `Upcoming n-summit aims for world without nuclear weapons' - Mar 19, 2012
- Officials firm up agenda for nuclear summit in Seoul - Jan 16, 2012
- PM in Seoul next week for n-security summit - Mar 21, 2012
- What Manmohan Singh said and meant at Nuclear Summit (Highlights) - Apr 13, 2010
Tags: application of radioisotopes, art facility, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, energy partnership, energy system studies, foreign partners, global centre, IAEA, international participation, manmohan, manmohan singh, nuclear energy, nuclear security, proliferation, radiation safety, radiation technology, research and development, security summit, world leaders