India, Sri Lanka fined for slow over-ratesFebruary 20th, 2008 - 7:09 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, Feb 20 (IANS) India and Sri Lanka have been fined for slow over-rates in Tuesday’s crucial Commonwealth Bank Tri-series match in Adelaide, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said Wednesday. ICC match referee New Zealand’s Jeff Crowe has imposed the fine on both teams after he found India short by one over and the Sri Lana by two overs.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was fined 10 percent of his match fee and his teammates five per cent, while Jayawardena was fined 20 percent and his teammates 10 percent.
The over-rates for all teams in the series have mostly been pedestrian with teams failing to complete their full quota of overs in the stipulated time.
“Allowances for delays and early finishes have helped players to escape fines in the earlier matches and this is an area that all the sides need to give further attention to and improve upon,” Crowe said about the low standard of over-rates in the series.
The match referee said he would discuss the matter with all the three teams before their next matches and would remind them of their responsibilities.
- India fined for maintaining slow over-rate - Apr 03, 2011
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012
- Dhoni banned 1 match for slow over rate - Feb 19, 2012
- Dhoni handed one Test ban for slow over-rate - Jan 15, 2012
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Barbados - May 11, 2010
- Dhoni in danger of one-match ban for slow over rate - Jul 24, 2011
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- Pakistan captain Misbah suspended from Galle Test - Jun 19, 2012
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- Champions Trophy: Australia fined for slow over rate - Oct 04, 2009
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: code of conduct, commonwealth bank, India, international cricket council, jeff crowe, mahendra singh dhoni, match, new zealand, pedestrian, quota, referee, sri lana, sri lanka, teammates, time allowances, tri series