India-South Korea concerned over North Korean satellite launchMarch 25th, 2012 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, March 25 (IANS) India and South Korea Sunday expressed concern over North Korea’s plans to launch an “application satellite” next month, saying nothing should be done to increase tensions in the region.
Visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak at their summit meeting here, “shared their views on the importance of maintaining peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula including its denuclearization,” a joint statement said.
“Noting North Korea’s announcement made on March 16, 2012 that it plans to launch the so-called “application satellite”, they urged that nothing should be done which increases tensions in the region and violates the relevant UN Security Council resolutions,” the joint statement added.
- Obama visits Korean demilitarised zone - Mar 25, 2012
- Obama wants North Korea to drop rocket launch (Lead) - Mar 25, 2012
- S. Korea ready for talks with North provided not provoked - Jan 03, 2011
- North Korea threatens to 'blow up' Seoul - Apr 20, 2012
- India,South Korea draw close; step up business, military ties (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2012
- China urges restraint on Korean Peninsula (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Pyongyang protests US-South Korea military drill - Mar 04, 2012
- Seoul hopes tensions between Koreas will ease - Jan 02, 2012
- China, Japan, South Korea warn North Korea over n-tests (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- North Korea rocket launch fails (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- S.Korea to retaliate against Pyongyang if attacked again even if it risks war - Dec 28, 2010
- US worried joint-military drills with South Korea will worsen Korean peninsula situation - Dec 29, 2010
- US confronts China over North Korean rocket launcher - Apr 24, 2012
- South Korea lifts temporary travel ban to North - Jan 04, 2012
- `Upcoming n-summit aims for world without nuclear weapons' - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: denuclearization, india south, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, korean peninsula, korean satellite, manmohan, manmohan singh, north korea, peace and stability, president lee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, saying nothing, security council resolutions, south korea, south korean president, summit meeting, un security council, un security council resolutions