India, South Africa to hold joint naval exerciseApril 14th, 2011 - 11:02 pm ICT by ANI
By Naveen Kapoor
Sanya, Apr 14 (ANI): India and South Africa on Thursday agreed to hold the second round of joint naval exercise.
South African President Jacob Zuma and Indian Prime Minister Dr. ManmohanSingh had a 45-minute long discussion on the margins of the BRICS summit during which the two leaders discussed a wide range of issues including defence cooperation.
South African President thanked Dr. Singh for playing a vital role in including South Africa into BRICS.
South Africa would soon be extending invitation to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to attend centenary celebration of African National Congress.
President Jacob Zuma told the Indian Prime Minister that invitation for a state visit to South Africa would also be given to Indian President Pratibha Patil.
President Zuma also congratulated India for winning the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, saying that he had anticipated it once India won from South Africa.
Issues of Ivory Coast, Libya unrest was also discussed during the meeting between the two leaders.
South African President, who is also a chair of Africa Union, shared his assessment on developments in North Africa.
Dr. Singh met Dilma Rousseff, the newly elected President of Brazil earlier today, and the duo decided to set up a mechanism through which both nations could share their experiences in social security network.
India and Brazil also decided to revive CEO’s forum to uplift the trade, which stands currently at eight billion dollars. (ANI)
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- BRICS to sign pacts for trade in local currencies - Mar 26, 2012
- Zuma to invite Sonia to South Africa - Apr 14, 2011
- BRICS will offer huge opportunities for South Africa: Zuma - Apr 12, 2011
- PM arrives in China - Apr 12, 2011
- BRICS to sign unique pact at Sanya to use own currencies for lending and grants - Apr 13, 2011
- Avoid using force, say BRICS leaders joint declaration (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- BRICS leaders want force to be avoided in Libya - Apr 14, 2011
- Manmohan returns after IBSA summit - Oct 20, 2011
- Taj Palace Hotel pampers BRICS leaders - Mar 28, 2012
- Manmohan off to China, Kazakhstan to meet world leaders (Lead) - Apr 11, 2011
- Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa invited for BRICS in New Delhi - Nov 03, 2011
- BRICS nations explore options to protect currencies - Jun 19, 2012
- Manmohan arrives in Kazakhstan - Apr 15, 2011
- 3rd BRICS summit begins in China's Sanya - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: africa issues, african national congress, centenary celebration, congress president, cricket world cup, cricket world cup 2011, defence cooperation, dr singh, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup 2011, india south, indian president, indian prime minister, jacob zuma, manmohansingh, naval exercise, president of brazil, president pratibha patil, social security network, sonia gandhi