India, Russia to hold anti-terror military drillsOctober 6th, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 6 (IANS) India and Russia will hold a counter-terror joint military exercise from Oct 15.
The 10-day Indra-2010 will be held in Uttarakhand, a defence ministry spokesperson said Wednesday.
Counter-insurgency plans in mountainous terrain will be the main focus of the battalion-level drill that will have infantry troops from both the armies.
The Russian contingent will have 257 personnel and the Indian side will be represented by an infantry battalion.
“The exercise will enhance the defence cooperation and military-to-military relations between the two armies,” the spokesperson said.
The first of the Indra exercise series was conducted in India in October 2005 and the second was held in Russia in 2007.
The exercise comes as a meeting of an inter-governmental commission for military and technical cooperation headed by the defence ministers takes place here Thursday.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony and his Russian counterpart Anatoly Serdyukov will meet to discuss defence relations, buying and selling of military hardware and cooperation in military technologies.
- India, Russia begin anti-terror military drills - Oct 15, 2010
- India, Russia armies jointly learn anti-terror operations (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- India, Russia joint military exercise begins - Oct 15, 2010
- Russia sees India as a super power in coming years: Ambassador Kadakin - Oct 24, 2010
- Russia to sell missile systems to Belarus - Apr 19, 2012
- India, Russia to review defence ties - Oct 04, 2011
- India, Russia to hold annual military cooperation talks - Oct 05, 2010
- Quicken military hardware deliveries, India urges Russia - Oct 07, 2010
- India to get 250-300 advanced jets co-developed with Russia (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Russia, China complete first stage of naval drills - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia, India joint anti-terrorism drills begin Tuesday - Aug 07, 2012
- China, Russia discuss military cooperation - Aug 05, 2011
- India, Russia to soon ink advanced fighter deal - Oct 07, 2010
- Antony flags delays in Russian defence supplies - Oct 05, 2011
- 'Antony won't witness fifth generation combat plane flight' - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: antony, battalion level, counter insurgency, defence cooperation, defence minister, defence ministers, defence ministry, defence relations, exercise series, governmental commission, infantry battalion, infantry troops, military drills, military exercise, military hardware, military relations, military technologies, mountainous terrain, russian counterpart, technical cooperation