India-Russia-China troika not aimed against any country, says PranabNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
“It is not that,” Mukherjee replied when asked whether the formation of the tri-lateral group is directed against any other group or country.
“We want to be benefit from each other’s experience in the process of development, building up the economy,” he said, adding, “We will discuss stability in Asia.”
Mukherjee is on his way to Harbin in China to attend the India-Russia-China Foreign Minister level conference.
Accompanied by senior officials of the External Affairs Ministry, Mukherjee will hold discussions on regional and international issues, with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov and Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi.
This will be the third stand-alone trilateral Foreign Ministers’ meeting after the last one in New Delhi on February 14, 2007 and the first one in Vladivostok on June 2, 2005.
The three foreign ministers have also met on the sidelines of multilateral forums in September 2002, September 2003, October 2004 and September 2005.
This is Mukherjee’s first visit to China as External Affairs Minister. He first came here in 1994 on the invitation of the Planning Commission.
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi is also expected to leave for Beijing on Wednesday. (ANI)
- Bangalore hosting major international meeting after 23 years - Oct 27, 2009
- Krishna to attend RIC ministerial meeting in China - Nov 14, 2010
- Krishna to visit China next week - Nov 09, 2010
- Krishna holds bilateral meetings with Russian, Chinese counterparts - Nov 14, 2010
- India, China, Russia to jointly tackle global issues - Apr 13, 2012
- India, China, Russia pitch for Afghan stability; back dialogue on Syria (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- 9th Russia, India, China meet to begin in Bangalore today - Oct 27, 2009
- Krishna heads to China Sunday, UNSC on agenda - Nov 12, 2010
- Ahead of Wen's visit, India, China to hold strategic dialogue - Nov 13, 2010
- India, Russia, China to expand counter-terror cooperation - Oct 27, 2009
- Foreign ministers of India, China to meet next week - Oct 19, 2009
- Pranab Mukherjee to leave for China on Tuesday - Nov 14, 2007
- Pranab to attend India-Russia-China Foreign Ministers' summit - Nov 14, 2007
- India, China to resume dialogue on non-proliferation - Apr 13, 2012
- India-Russia-China trilateral meet on Oct 27 - Oct 23, 2009
Tags: china, chinese counterpart, external affairs minister, external affairs ministry, foreign ministers, harbin, India, level conference, minister level, ministers meeting, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, russia, russian counterpart, sergey lavrov, sonia gandhi, troika, UPA, vladivostok