India, Peru cooperation can boost two-way trade: ScindiaSeptember 8th, 2010 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
Lima (Peru), Sep 8 (ANI): India and Latin American countries have steadily gravitated towards each other since the turn of the century, evidenced by rising bilateral trade and investment flows, said Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Inaugurating the India- Peru Seminar and Business Meet in Lima, Scindia said: “India can benefit from exporting manufactured goods to Peru and that India was also keen to invest in Peru as well as develop joint ventures for common projects.”
He highlighted the success of the Indian economy, the opportunities present in India for Peruvian investment and the interest of Indian companies to work in Peru and with Peruvian companies in various fields.
Scindia is leading a business delegation in Peru to participate in a series of India-Latin America Conclave and Business meets.
Scindia also called on Peruvian Commerce and Tourism MInister, Martin Perez and discussed issues of mutual interest, including ways to increase bilateral trade and investment.
The Forum and Business Roundtable was jointly inaugurated by Scindia and Perez.
Both leaders called for enhancement of India-Peru economic engagement through a higher level of investment, capacity building and trade.
Given the synergies flowing out of complementarities in the growing economies of Peru and India, there is considerable scope for improving upon trade and investment between the countries with entrepreneurial communities like the CII of India and the Lima Chamber of Commerce of Peru taking a lead role. (ANI)
- India seeks to invest in diverse sectors of Peruvian economy - Sep 08, 2010
- Explore opportunities in Latin America: Scindia - Apr 29, 2010
- Scindia heads Indian business team to Uruguay, Argentina - Apr 27, 2011
- With China on mind, India steps up Latin America diplomacy - Jul 10, 2012
- India, Zimbabwe to deepen investment, trade ties - Sep 21, 2011
- India wants to cooperate with Cuba in energy, telecom - Jul 14, 2012
- Colombia to ratify tax treaty with India by year-end - Jul 08, 2012
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Latin America, Caribbean and India should build closer ties' - Jul 18, 2012
- India mulling free trade pacts with African countries - May 15, 2012
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- India's share in global trade up: Minister - May 09, 2012
- Argentina buys Indian pharma products worth $200 million - May 04, 2011
- India, South Africa to cooperate in SME sector - Nov 15, 2011
- India, Pakistan seek to better trade ties - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: bilateral trade, business delegation, business roundtable, capacity building, cii, conclave, economic engagement, entrepreneurial communities, indian economy, investment flows, jyotiraditya scindia, latin america, latin american countries, lima peru, martin perez, minister martin, minister of state, mutual interest, peruvian companies, tourism minister