India, Myanmar to sign 110 million dollar transport project pactMarch 30th, 2008 - 7:48 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi , Mar 30 (ANI): India is all set to sign a multi-modal transport project agreement with Myanmar during the upcoming visit of Vice Senior General Maung Aye to India .
Vice Senior General Maung Aye will start his tour from Wednesday.
The 110 million dollars Kaladan multi-modal transport project will provide easier access to North East region, besides alternate connectivity between India and Myanmar , bypassing Bangladesh .
The project will provide connectivity between Indian ports on the eastern seaboard with Sittwe Port in Myanmar and through riverine transport and by road to Mizoram.
India is spending 100 million dollars as well as projects overruns whereas Myanmar will contribute 10 million dollars and land for the project.
According to sources, economic cooperation, connectivity, security and energy are among the issues that are expected to dominate the meetings between General Aye and the Indian leaders.
There have already been six rounds of talks since 2003 on the project, and both the countries have initialled the draft framework agreement on the project, draft protocol on facilitation of transit transport, draft protocol on financial arrangements and draft protocol on joint maintenance and administration. (ANI)
- India-Myanmar transit project to be ready by 2013 - Sep 27, 2011
- Myanmar, India agree to realign strategic transit project - Jun 21, 2011
- Krishna lands in Myanmar capital - Jun 21, 2011
- Krishna visiting Myanmar to engage civilian government - Jun 19, 2011
- Krishna leaves for Myanmar, to sign several agreements (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- India unveils $500 mn for Myanmar, to expand security ties - Oct 14, 2011
- Essar bags infrastructure construction project in Myanmar - May 14, 2010
- Myanmar: India rejects China rivalry, Sittwe port by 2013 - Oct 13, 2011
- Doing trade, driving down to Myanmar just got easier - May 30, 2012
- India lauds Myanmar's reforms, pledges $500 mn for projects (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Mizoram project to be trade gateway to southeast Asia - Aug 15, 2012
- Hamid Ansari begins official visit to Myanmar - Feb 05, 2009
- India to support democratisation of Myanmar - Jan 24, 2012
- India, Myanmar to be better connected, have more trade (Fourth Lead) - May 28, 2012
- India, Myanmar sign 120 million dollar transport corridor project pact - Apr 03, 2008
Tags: 10 million, 100 million, draft framework, draft protocol, eastern seaboard, economic cooperation, facilitation, framework agreement, indian leaders, indian ports, joint maintenance, maung aye, million dollars, mizoram india, New Delhi, overruns, project draft, project pact, transit transport, transport project