India-Myanmar sign two MoUs on first day of Vice President Ansari’’s visitFebruary 5th, 2009 - 11:47 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravi Shankar
Nay Pyi Taw (Myanmar), Feb.5 (ANI): India and Myanmar on Thursday signed two Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) to set up an English Language training Centre and Industrial Training Centre at Pakokku.
Designated officials of the two sides signed the MoUs in the presence of visiting Vice President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari and Myanmar’’s Nay Pyi Taw and Development Council Vice Senior General Maung Aye.
Indian Ambassador to Myanmar, Aloke Sen, and Vivek Katju, Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs represented the Indian side during the signing of MoUs.
During the signing ceremony both the countries commenced the Instrument of Ratification on Bilateral Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement, which was signed in Yangon (June, 2008) between them.
Prior to the signing of the MoUs, the two sides held delegation-level talks
Vice President Hamid Ansari, during the official banquet hosted by his counterpart General Maung Aye, said that India has made great stride during recent years in terms of bilateral relations with Myanmar.
Ansari added that the agreements that were signed today are symbols of the immense potential and it would go in long run to nurture better ties.
Meanwhile, the highlight of the ceremony was the handing over of solar lanterns to Myanmar.
India is gifting 250 solar lanterns to Myanmar to assist in the ongoing relief process for the people in the areas affected by cyclone Nargis.
Minister of State for Defence, M. M. Pallam Raju handed the lantern to Major General Maung Swe, Minister for Social Welfare, Relief Resettlement. (ANI)
- India, Myanmar sign MoU on border security cooperation - Jan 22, 2012
- Myanmar, India to speed up renovation of Arnanda Pagoda - Apr 27, 2011
- Vice President Ansari arrives in Myanmar to strengthen bilateral ties - Feb 05, 2009
- Myanmar, Voice of America ink pact - Jun 06, 2012
- India, Myanmar ink a dozen agreements (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Manmohan, Thein Sein embark on 'new journey' (Third Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Krishna lands in Myanmar capital - Jun 21, 2011
- Ansari to go on a four-day visit to Myanmar to strengthen ties - Feb 04, 2009
- Krishna visiting Myanmar to engage civilian government - Jun 19, 2011
- Ahead of PM's visit India-Myanmar bus cleared - May 24, 2012
- India, Myanmar ink 12 agreements - May 28, 2012
- New US ambassador takes office in Myanmar - Jul 11, 2012
- France, Myanmar hold talks - Jan 16, 2012
- India rolls out red carpet for Myanmar military chief - Aug 03, 2012
- General Than Shwe pays obeisance at Bodhgaya temple - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: aloke, bilateral investment, bilateral relations, english language training, indian ambassador, investment promotion, language training centre, maung aye, ministry of external affairs, mohammad hamid ansari, mous, nargis, pallam raju, president of india, ravi shankar, signing ceremony, social welfare, solar lanterns, vice president of india, vivek katju