India more important than Pakistan for US, says officialNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:10 am ICT by admin
Clad added that this was true even as Pakistan is leading from the front in the US-led global war against terrorism.
Referring to the growth of the Indian economy in the past one decade and in other fields too, he said India is seen by the US as a potentially a power with global reach.
He went on to give details of the growing defence relationship between the two countries - be it the joint Indo-US military exercise, visit of the USS Nimitz to Chennai, giving refurbished USS Trenton to India or increasing economic relationship, the daily reported.
With the prospects of the opening of India’s defence sector, as many as 52 American defence corporations have opened their offices in India, including the top names like Boeing, Lockheed Martin and General Electrical. (ANI)
- US woos India for big-ticket defence deals - Nov 06, 2011
- US makes strong pitch for F-35 fighter jets to India - Nov 03, 2011
- Pentagon pitches for $10 bn Indian fighter jet deal - Jul 02, 2010
- Indian-American woman captains US warship to India - Mar 16, 2011
- No NATO missile defence offer to India - Nov 30, 2011
- India-US defence ties are multi-billion dollar prospect - Nov 01, 2010
- India's first Globemaster airlifter takes shape (With image) - Aug 01, 2012
- US expanding sale of arms to India, Pakistan: WSJ - Feb 25, 2010
- A 'disappointed' US to keep up defence ties with India - Apr 29, 2011
- Top US military commander to arrive in India - Jul 22, 2010
- Indian Navy receives offer to upgrade troop carrier's choppers - Dec 29, 2010
- Want to cut red-tape in defence ties with India: US (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Cut through red tape to enhance US-India defence cooperation: Panetta - Jun 06, 2012
- Post-Obama, India may get best of US technologies - Nov 21, 2010
- India's military purchases: Only the best should do (Comment) - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: american defence, chennai, conference call, defence sector, deputy assistant secretary, economic relationship, general electrical, global reach, global war, India, indian economy, indo, lockheed martin, military exercise, pakistan, secretary of defence, southeast asia, uss nimitz, uss trenton, war against terrorism