India, Israel negotiating USD 1.5 bn defence deal: Israeli PaperMarch 4th, 2008 - 3:54 pm ICT by admin
Jerusalem, Mar.4 (ANI): Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) is reportedly negotiating a USD 1.5 billion deal with India to set up a defence system using innovative long-range missiles with a range of more than 100 kilometers.
The deal also includes radar systems made by IAI’s subsidiary, Elta Systems Ltd, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and possibly satellites build by the company as well, the Israeli business daily ‘Globes’ reported.
India’s Supreme Procurement Council is said to have approved the deal a few months ago and Israel Aerospace Industries CEO, Yitzhak Nissan, is now in negotiations over the details.
IAI had last month launched its TechSAR all-weather, high-resolution radar satellite using an Indian launcher in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
India is the largest purchaser of Israeli arms and the strong defence ties between the two countries is clearly demonstrated in the high profile visits of chief of staffs of all the three Indian armed forces during the last two years. (ANI)
- Israeli company negotiating defence system deal with India: Report - Mar 04, 2008
- Israel bars AESA radar export to India - Jan 14, 2011
- India's third indigenous stealth frigate commissioning July 21 - Jun 25, 2012
- Israel to test next-generation missile defense system - Mar 02, 2012
- Russia, Israel talk to build new drone - Jun 14, 2012
- Israel to test missile defence system - Mar 02, 2012
- India gets set to receive more Israel AWACS - May 24, 2009
- IAF to induct medium-power radars (Lead, superseding previous story) - May 31, 2011
- Israel, Italy ink deal for military aircraft - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian-run New Zealand firm designs UAV for cloud seeding - Mar 26, 2012
- New ISRO centre to control spy satellite launch - Apr 09, 2012
- India and Israel in anti-terror front (Lead) - Dec 22, 2009
- India, Israel discuss cooperation against terror - Dec 22, 2009
- Woman behind Risat-1 feels on top of the world - Apr 26, 2012
- Israel launches massive drone that can fly 20 hrs non-stop to reach Iran - Feb 22, 2010
Tags: aerospace industries, defence system, defence ties, globes, indian armed forces, indian space research, indian space research organisation, israeli arms, israeli business, israeli paper, isro india, launcher, radar satellite, radar systems, range missiles, resolution radar, staffs, strong defence, unmanned aerial vehicles, yitzhak