India, Israel ink pact to boost tourismJune 25th, 2012 - 8:53 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, June 25 (IANS) India and Israel have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to boost their bilateral ties in the tourism sector, with Israel opening a tourism office in Mumbai and increasing the number of El Al flights to India.
The pact was signed between Indian and Israeli tourism ministers Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The agreement aims to increase tourism to and from Israel, India by half in the next three years, it was announced here during a press conference of Israeli Tourism Minister Stas Misezhnikov and his Indian counterpart Minister Subodh Kant Sahai.
With over 40,000 Indian visitors coming to Israel per year, and equal number of Israeli citizens travelling to India, both the ministers said that they saw an opportunity to expand the tourism market between the two countries.
To double the number, Israel will open a new tourism office in Mumbai and will construct 200,000 new hotel rooms as well as increase the number of El Al flights, the Israeli air carrier, from three times a week to one per day.
“We are also looking into opening new El Al destinations, such as Kolkata and New Delhi, and to convince other air carriers to open more routes between our countries,” Misezhnikov said.
- India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation - Sep 05, 2011
- MoU with ASEAN will boost joint tourism, feels India - Jan 13, 2012
- Attack work of twisted mind: Visiting Israeli minister - Sep 07, 2011
- India, Mauritius to strengthen travel trade - Jul 13, 2012
- Foreign tourist flow to touch 8 mn by 2015 - Mar 11, 2011
- Xinjiang beckons Indian filmmakers - Nov 03, 2011
- Now movies to promote Incredible India abroad - Feb 16, 2012
- India, Uzbekistan join to promote tourism - May 16, 2011
- Israel to spend $2.5 mn to back Dead Sea in global contest - May 09, 2011
- Tourism ministry steps up promotion campaign (With Image) - Dec 14, 2011
- Tourism minister launches Clean India Campaign - Jun 19, 2012
- Delhi blast: World rallies to India's support (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2011
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Sahai urges people to join Clean India campaign (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- 100,000 skilled workers to join tourism sector - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: air carrier, air carriers, bilateral ties, indian counterpart, indian visitors, ink pact, israeli air, israeli citizens, israeli tourism, kolkata, memorandum of understanding, new hotel, stas, subodh, tourism market, tourism minister, tourism office, tourism sector, travelling to india, xinhua