India, EU praise progress on maritime transport cooperationDecember 10th, 2010 - 10:27 pm ICT by ANI
Brussels, Dec.10 (ANI): Taking part in the 11th EU-India Summit here on Friday, leaders of EU and India expressed satisfaction with the recent progress in negotiations on a maritime transport agreement and called for the continuation of the negotiations aiming at the conclusion of a mutually beneficial agreement.
They also called for the early implementation of the civil aviation agreement.
In the field of space, leaders of the two sides acknowledged the active cooperation pursued by space agencies and industries of the two sides for developing, launching and operating earth observation and communication satellites through appropriate bilateral relations.
The leaders also welcomed the recent formation of ISO-ESA Joint Working Group on earth observation to concretize the cooperation areas.
They also committed to a swift finalization of the agreement on satellite navigation initialled in 2005 and earnestly work toward a technical agreement on the use of the frequency spectrum. (ANI)
- EU seeks free trade deal with India - Dec 08, 2010
- India, EU agree to enhance cooperation on energy, climate change - Dec 10, 2010
- 'EU-India free trade top priority for Britain' - Nov 11, 2011
- China exported communications satellites to Pakistan (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- India, EU firm up agenda for summit, discuss free trade - Jan 16, 2012
- India, EU to enhance clean energy, climate ties - Dec 10, 2010
- EU, India agree to structured dialogue on migration issues, to pursue MDGs - Dec 10, 2010
- EU wants close ties with India's IT sector - Nov 22, 2011
- India, EU to clinch FTA soon, to combat terror (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- India, EU ink pact to boost cultural cooperation - Dec 10, 2010
- India- EU trade and investment agreement intensifying: Anand Sharma - Apr 18, 2011
- India, France reiterate commitment to work towards global security - Dec 06, 2010
- Potential for India-EU bilateral ties huge: European Council chief - Dec 10, 2010
- India, EU decide to step up trade deal talks, sign research pact - Feb 10, 2012
- Top EU official to visit India - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: aviation agreement, beneficial agreement, bilateral relations, brussels, civil aviation, communication satellites, continuation, cooperation, earth observation, finalization, frequency spectrum, implementation, joint working group, maritime transport, negotiations, satellite navigation, satisfaction, space agencies, space leaders, transport agreement