India beat Taiwan 3-2 in Davis Cup tieMarch 8th, 2009 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Kaohsiung (Taiwan), March 8 (IANS) India won their Davis Cup Asia-Oceania Group I tie against Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) 3-2 at the Yang Ming Tennis Centre here Sunday.
In the first reverse singles, Somdev Devvarman assured of India the win by making it 3-1 by beating world No.59 Lu Yen-hsung 6-1, 6-2, 6-3. However, Rohan Bopanna lost the inconsequential second reverse singles match 3-6, 7-6 (6), 6-7(5) to Taiwanese Yang Tsung-hua.
In the third round, India will face the winner the tie between Australia and Thailand.
- Somdev to play opening singles of Davis Cup tie - Mar 05, 2009
- Davis Cup: Somdev stuns Lu to give India winning point(Lead) - Mar 08, 2009
- Somdev clinches Davis Cup tie for India - Mar 08, 2009
- Davis Cup: Misra says India have 50-50 chance - Mar 06, 2009
- Davis Cup: India, Chinese Taipei split opening day's singles (Lead) - Mar 06, 2009
- Somdev gives India 1-0 lead in Davis Cup - Mar 06, 2009
- Paes-Bhupathi give India 2-1 lead in Davis Cup - Mar 07, 2009
- India up 2-1 after doubles victory in Davis Cup - Mar 07, 2009
- Singles will decide India's Davis Cup fate - Mar 05, 2009
- Davis Cup: Uzbekistan take 2-0 lead against India - Apr 06, 2012
- Asian Games tennis: India lose to Chinese Taipei, get bronze - Nov 15, 2010
- India, Chinese Taipei drawn 1-1 in Davis Cup - Mar 06, 2009
- Bopanna-Qureshi out, Indian challenge over in Eastbourne - Jun 16, 2011
- Mahesh Bhupathi opts out of Davis Cup tie - Mar 06, 2012
- French Open: Paes-Bhupathi, Bopanna-Qureshi advance, Somdev exits - May 26, 2011