India: a major terror targetOctober 30th, 2008 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 30 (IANS) At least 600 people have been killed and hundreds maimed and devastated in terror strikes in India in the last six years. Following is a chronology of the major terrorist attacks in the country:* Assam, Oct 30, 2008: At least 45 killed (figure can change) and over 100 injured in 18 terror bombings across Assam.
* Imphal, Oct 21, 2008: 17 killed in a powerful blast near Manipur Police Commando complex.
* Kanpur, Oct 14, 2008: Eight people injured after bomb planted on a rented bicycle went off Colonelganj market.
* Malegaon, Maharashtra, Sep 29, 2008: Five people died after a bomb kept in a motorbike went off in a crowded market.
* Modasa, Gujarat, Sep 29 2008: One killed and several injured after a low-intensity bomb kept on a motorcycle went off near a mosque.
* New Delhi, Sep 27, 2008: Three people killed after a crude bomb was thrown in a busy market in Mehrauli.
* New Delhi, Sep 13, 2008: 26 people killed in six blasts across the city.
* Ahmedabad, July 26, 2008: 57 people killed after 20-odd synchronised bombs went off within less than two hours.
* Bangalore, July 25, 2008: One person killed in a low-intensity bomb explosion.
* Jaipur, May 13, 2008: 68 people killed in serial bombings.
* Hyderabad, Aug 25, 2007: 42 people killed in two blasts, at a popular eatery and a public park.
* Samjhauta Express, Feb 19, 2007: 66 people killed after two firebombs went off on the India-Pakistan friendship train.
* Malegaon, Maharashtra, Sep 8, 2006: 40 people killed in two blasts.
* Mumbai, July 11, 2006: 209 people killed in seven blasts on suburban trains and stations.
* Varanasi, March 7, 2006: 21 people killed in three blasts including one at a temple and another at a railway station.
* New Delhi, Oct 29, 2005: 61 people killed in three blasts on the eve of Diwali.
* Mumbai, Aug 25, 2003: 46 people killed in two blasts including one near the Gateway of India.
* Gandhinagar, Sep 24, 2002: 34 people killed in the attack on the Akshardham temple.
- India: a major terror target (Chronology) - Nov 27, 2008
- Chronology of recent terror attacks in India - Jul 13, 2011
- Central agency to take over Gujarat blast probe - Jun 24, 2010
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- Bomb attacks in Maharashtra since 1993 - Jul 14, 2011
- Terror trail in India: 780 killed since 2005 - Feb 14, 2010
- Samjhauta blast accused arrested in Malegaon case - Feb 27, 2012
- 2008 Malegaon blast accused gets bail - Jun 05, 2012
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Court gives bail to nine in 2006 Malegaon blasts case - Nov 05, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragyna seeks protection in jail - Nov 03, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Apex court denies bail to ex-armyman - Oct 04, 2010