‘Incompetent’ Brit teacher is first to be banned from the profession for lifeOctober 23rd, 2010 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 23 (ANI): A British teacher has become the first to be banned from the profession for life after a panel ruled that he will never reach “requisite standards” of teaching.
Nisar Ahmed, 46, was found guilty of serious professional incompetence by the General Teaching Council for England, and it said there was a risk that pupils would be seriously disadvantaged if he was ever allowed to return to lessons.
Ahmed was head of business studies at the John O’Gaunt Community Technology College in Hungerford, Berkshire, from September 2007 to January 2009, and he had taught for a total of 13 years at schools across the South-East.
The GTC disciplinary panel was told his management of lessons was “invariably” below standard, and his organisation of classes was deemed “persistently poor”.
GTC committee chair Rosalind Burford said marking was persistently not done or delayed and feedback to pupils was inadequate.
“You regularly failed to undertake proper lesson plans. This resulted in a lack of pace and challenge in your lessons and a lack of clear learning objectives,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“We could not be satisfied that you have an appropriate level of insight into your shortcomings.
“Thus, we felt you posed a significant risk of repeating your actions,” she added.
Ahmed, who lives in Reading with his wife and their two children, said he would be appealing the GTC decision.
“They have made a scapegoat out of me. I’m deeply unhappy about it and don’t deserve to be the first to be struck off for life,” he stated. (ANI)
- GTC Bans Nisar Ahmed From Teaching - Oct 25, 2010
- Nisar Ahmed Banned From Teaching For Life - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian origin science teacher suspended by Canadian school for being late - Jun 03, 2010
- Teaching ban on 'lesbian' Brit teacher who sent ex-colleague sexual notes, roses - Jan 30, 2011
- UK Muslim schools' pupils taught Hindus have 'no intellect', they 'drink cow p***' - Feb 13, 2011
- Teacher in UK struck off for discussing her sex life with pupils - Dec 04, 2010
- Brit couple find image of E.T. ingrained on chopped tree trunk - Mar 01, 2011
- Just 17 incompetent teachers in Britain in 10 years - Dec 30, 2011
- 'Pakistani sex gang had Punjabi values' - Jun 25, 2012
- Indonesian jailed for preaching jehad - Mar 29, 2012
- Schools resorting to dance, music to get bored pupils interested in maths! - Jan 15, 2010
- Torres keen to be star pupil for Chelsea - Mar 03, 2011
- 'Loner' teacher in UK jailed for lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Dec 09, 2010
- Lessons that the Gulf Oil spill taught us - Jan 08, 2011
- Britain prepares to discipline schoolchildren - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: 13 years, ahmed, berkshire, british teacher, burford, business studies, committee chair, community technology, daily mail, disciplinary panel, general teaching council, hungerford, insight, learning objectives, profession, professional incompetence, pupils, scapegoat, shortcomings, technology college