In Labor Day message, Hindus urge urgent efforts at jobs creationAugust 27th, 2010 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Aug 27 (ANI): Hindus have urged urgent efforts at jobs creation and poverty reduction.
Noted Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in the message for upcoming Labor Day from Nevada (USA) today, said that a nice safe job with good salary for everyone that could support the family should be the priority and at this time of economic uncertainty, poor and vulnerable should be helped.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, further said that people and not the objects should be the focus of all planning and programs. Workers should be honored and their dignity protected. Diversity should be appreciated. Something needed to be done urgently to rebuild economy and bring down the high unemployment rate as these numbers were real people.
Rajan Zed stressed that we should not forget the social and economic achievements of workers and their contributions for the well-being of all of us and the nation’s strength and competitiveness. Help them and invest in their future.
Zed quoted ancient Hindu scripture Bhagavad-Gita (Song of the Lord): Fulfill all your duties, action is better than inaction…Strive constantly to serve the welfare of the world…Do your work with welfare of others always in mind…Perform all work carefully , guided by compassion…
Labor Day is a Federal and State holiday in USA and falls on September six this year. It usually includes speeches, parades and barbecues and marks the symbolic end of summer. The first Labor Day in USA was celebrated on September 5, 1882 in New York City. (ANI)
- Gayatri Mantra read at Baha'i Ridvan Festival in Nevada - May 03, 2011
- Sending Janmashtami greetings, Zed appeals Hindus worldwide for "selfless service" - Aug 12, 2010
- Nevada Assembly in USA opened with Hindu prayer - Apr 26, 2011
- Zed urges Hindus worldwide to take vow of charity on Akshay Tritiya - Apr 28, 2011
- Hindus laud Trinidad & Tobago Prime Minister for taking Oath of Office on Bhagavad-Gita - Jun 28, 2010
- Hindus worldwide urged to help needy on Mahashivratri - Feb 19, 2011
- Praising Zuckerberg, Zed urges India's billionaires to donate majority wealth - Dec 10, 2010
- Hindus urged to take vow on Holi of helping reduce social evils - Mar 16, 2011
- Lauding Buffet, Zed urges India's business elite to generously donate to charities - Jul 05, 2010
- Pope's Lent message has similarities with ancient Hindu text Bhagavad-Gita - Feb 26, 2011
- Religious leaders come together for Interfaith Sunrise Prayer Service for World Peace in Nevada - Sep 13, 2010
- Zed urges Hindus to take Vasant Panchami vow to help a needy child in education - Jan 31, 2011
- Nevada Senate in USA opens with Gayatri Mantra - Feb 16, 2011
- Hindus back Pope's dictum that 'world needs God' - Jan 08, 2011
- Bhagavad-Gita among the readings at prestigious Ursinus College of USA - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: ancient hindu scripture, barbecues, competitiveness, economic achievements, economic uncertainty, hindu statesman, hinduism, hindus, holiday in usa, inaction, labor day, nevada usa, parades, poverty reduction, rajan zed, real people, state holiday, unemployment rate, universal society, usa today