In India, Palin still nurtures White House ambitionsMarch 20th, 2011 - 12:43 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 20 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has refused to turn down speculations she would be contesting in the 2012 presidential elections, during her visit to India.
Addressing the media following her speech entitled “My Vision for America”, Palin said that she has not made up her mind about running, The Guardian reports.
“I don’t think there needs to be a rush to get out there as a declared candidate. It’s a life-changing decision,” she said.
The paper quoted political analysts in the US and India as saying that Palin is seeking to bolster shaky foreign policy credentials before a new campaign.
Palin was reportedly invited to India to deliver the keynote speech at a conference organised by a domestic media group. She is accompanied by her husband Todd.
During her speech, Palin said that American and India shares many things, including religious tolerance, democratic traditions, a common struggle for freedom from the British empire, a commitment to “see terrorism defeated” and a concern over the rise of China.
“It is the largest democracies, not the world’s largest autocracy, [who] will lead the next century. I want peace on earth. That peacefulness and that prosperity comes with more freedoms,” Palin said.
Palin will fly to Israel at the end of her trip to India. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- US, India will lead 21st century: Palin - Mar 20, 2011
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- India, US want peaceful rise of China: Palin - Mar 20, 2011
- Sarah Palin offered $1 mn for lie detector test - Sep 25, 2011
- Sarah Palin plans March trip to India - Feb 24, 2011
- Palin calls for stronger Indo- US ties - Mar 20, 2011
- Sarah Palin coming to India next month - Feb 24, 2011
- "Sarah Palin's Alaska" Premieres On TLC - Nov 15, 2010
- Sarah and Todd Palin laugh off divorce rumours - Nov 11, 2010
- Sarah Palin To Give Keynote Address To Mark Ronald Reagan's 100th Birth Anniversary - Jan 28, 2011
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Palin's hubby's e-mail attack on Tea Party candidate for doubting her presidential credentials - Oct 07, 2010
- Palin gives no reason for not visiting Palestinian occupied Bethlehem during Israel trip - Mar 22, 2011
- I'm the biggest klutz in the world: Palin says in clip shown on 'The View' - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, ambitions, autocracy, british empire, democracies, democratic traditions, foreign policy, governor sarah palin, keynote speech, media group, New Delhi, peace on earth, peacefulness, political analysts, presidential elections, religious tolerance, rise of china, sarah palin, speculations, struggle for freedom