In five minutes, Pakistani bank robbed of Rs.4.6 mnAugust 6th, 2011 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 6 (IANS) Six robbers managed to run away with Rs.4.6 million (over $53,000) from a private bank in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi in an operation that lasted just five minutes, Daily Times reported Saturday.
The robbery started at 9.10 a.m. Friday and within the next five minutes the bandits had finished their work, even breaking CCTV cameras and holding all bank employees hostage.
The bank is located within the limits of Karachi’s Saudabad police station limits.
According to a police official, five robbers entered the bank and one stood outside to provide backup support. The bandits took away Rs.4.6 million and the mobile phones of seven staff members.
They first destroyed cameras installed in the building and also took away the tapes of CCTV footage, he said.
A special investigation team has been formed to investigate the matter.
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Rs.60 mn looted from Karachi banks - Jan 01, 2012
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Pakistan bank looted in barely 55 seconds - May 12, 2011
- Karachi bank looted of Rs.3.8 mn - Aug 27, 2011
- Guard loots own bank in Karachi of Rs.9 million - Apr 15, 2011
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Woman helps to rob bank in Pakistan - Nov 17, 2010
- Pakistani panel to stop bank robberies - Dec 22, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.20 lakh from Mumbai bank (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Gold worth Rs.1 crore robbed from Andhra Bank - May 12, 2010
- Rs.7.6 mn looted from ICICI bank - Oct 04, 2010
- Rs.9 mn looted from Karachi bank - Apr 15, 2011
- Robbers break through bank wall, steal Rs.5 mn cash, gold - May 06, 2011
Tags: 6 million, backup support, bandits, cctv cameras, five minutes, hostage, investigation team, karachi, mobile phones, pakistan, police official, police station, private bank, robbers, robbery, staff members