Improvised explosive device found in West Bengal townAugust 17th, 2008 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 17 (IANS) A fortnight after an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was found in West Bengal, a similar IED was detected at the gate of a commercial fair ground in the state’s Malda district. It was defused Sunday morning by the bomb disposal squad, a police official said. “An explosive was found near a commercial fair ground at English Bazar town, close to Malda district administrative building. The IED was defused by the experts Sunday morning,” West Bengal Inspector General of Police (North Bengal) K.L Tamta told IANS.
He said the samples of the explosive device would be sent to the central forensic laboratory.
Tamta said: “The explosive was found inside a plastic bag and a timer was also fitted with the bomb. We are trying to find out how it was brought to that area.”
A similar IED was found Aug 3 near Farakka Barrage under Baishnabnagar police station area.
- Maoist held, bomb defused in Jharkhand - May 28, 2011
- Explosives, arms found in Assam - May 17, 2012
- IED found in Srinagar, defused - Oct 18, 2010
- IED detected in Srinagar, defused (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- 50 kg IED recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2011
- CRPF troopers defuse bomb on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Jul 12, 2012
- Police foil Maoist bid to blow up Aurangabad District school - Oct 29, 2010
- 1,000 train passengers escape disaster in Assam (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Recovery of advanced-type IEDs baffles West Bengal police - Jul 28, 2009
- Powerful explosive device found in Srinagar - Jun 30, 2011
- One week on, Mumbai attackers unknown - Jul 20, 2011
- Army defuses 5 kg bomb on Kashmir roadside - Nov 17, 2011
- Explosives found on railways tracks in West Bengal - Jul 18, 2009
- Low intensity bomb defused in Ranchi - Jun 16, 2010
- Three bombs defused in Russia's North Caucasus - May 23, 2011
Tags: barrage, bomb disposal squad, defused, english bazar, explosive device, forensic laboratory, fortnight, ied, inspector general, kolkata, malda district, north bengal, police official, police station, sunday morning, tamta, timer, west bengal