Imam in Dubai jailed for possessing nude photosFebruary 7th, 2011 - 1:17 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Feb 7 (ANI): An imam in Dubai has been acquitted for seducing women to have sex with him using his BlackBerry but was jailed him for possessing nude photos.
Court’s Presiding Judge Eisa Al Sharif overturned the primary judgment, one year in jail, and acquitted the 35-year-old Egyptian imam of seducing women and urging girls to have sex with him by abusing one of the telecommunication services.
“The court has, however, jailed the accused, S.M., for one month followed by deportation for possessing pornographic materials. The nude photos will be confiscated,” Gulf News quoted Al Sharif as saying.
In December, the imam was convicted of seducing women and urging girls to have sex with him by abusing BlackBerry Messenger [BBM].
Prosecutors accused him of persuading an unidentified number of women to have sex with him after communicating with them via BBM and forwarding indecent photos to them.
He was additionally charged with possessing indecent photos with the intention to show them to others. (ANI)
- BlackBerry Messenger to be available on Android, Apple's iOS - Mar 05, 2011
- BlackBerry helped spread riots in London - Aug 09, 2011
- BlackBerry becomes a weapon for rioters in Britain - Aug 10, 2011
- Transsexual waiter in Dubai faces jail for inciting men to have sex with him - Apr 25, 2011
- BlackBerry to provide India access to messenger services - Dec 04, 2010
- BlackBerry chief walks out of BBC interview when asked on India's demand - Apr 14, 2011
- BlackBerry chief ends BBC interview after India query (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- RIM offers solution on lawful access to messenger services - Jan 13, 2011
- Judge bans sex offender from one-night stands - Jul 14, 2012
- Indian men charged with molestation not rape of Indian girl in Dubai - Feb 28, 2011
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 launched in India - Aug 11, 2011
- Government wants to monitor Facebook, Twitter accounts - Aug 14, 2011
- Investors dump BlackBerry as iMessage seen major threat - Jun 08, 2011
- RIM sues app maker over BlackBerry Messenger patent - Dec 02, 2010
- BlackBerry now touts Messenger to woo the young - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: bbm, blackberry, deportation, dubai, eisa, girls, gulf news, imam, intention, judgment, nude photos, pornographic materials, presiding judge, prosecutors, seducing women, sharif, telecommunication services