Im pretty sure that Di and Dodi were engaged: LawyerFebruary 12th, 2008 - 4:43 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 12 (ANI): Mohamed Fayeds lawyer told the inquest into the Harrods owners son Dodi and Princess Dianas deaths that he was pretty sure the couple were engaged.
Stuart Benson, who worked for Mohamed Fayed for more fifteen years, told the jury that he had received a phone call from Dodi just two days before the crash, and that the latter had told him that he had some very exciting news.
It was singularly short and pretty much the exact words (were) cant really talk over the phone but my friend and I have very exciting news, the Daily Express quoted him, as saying.
Are you around on Monday to have lunch as it will mean lots of issues to talk about and discuss.
When asked by Ian Burnett QC, why he had concluded the news was an engagement, Mr Stuart said the tone of voice and voice used had led him to believe so.
It was clearly not a business discussion. It was something he felt he could not talk about on the phone - that was my reaction to what he said, the lawyer said.
Mr Benson also told the inquest that the Princess was not mentioned by name by Dodi as he was concerned that his calls might be bugged.
The inquest into the couples death continues. (ANI)
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed memorials to be removed from Harrods? - Aug 15, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- Al Fayed defends Michael Jackson Fulham FC statue - Apr 04, 2011
- Ex-Harrods boss Al Fayed to make bid for 007 film studio - Apr 22, 2011
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- 'Di was murdered because she planned to expose UK's role in arms trade' - Jun 01, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- 'Princess Di was killed to end romance with Dodi' - Mar 29, 2010
- Mohammed Al Fayed sells iconic Harrod's for 1.5 billion pounds - May 08, 2010
- Bodyguards only memory of crash is Dis voice calling out to Dodi - Jan 24, 2008
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: couples, crash, daily express, deaths, exact words, exciting news, fifteen years, harrods, inquest, lawyer, london feb, lunch, mohamed fayed, mr benson, phone call, princess dianas, qc, son dodi, tone of voice